X slings

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 4K
L

Levi

Here is a sling configuration that Eric Whipple helped me cook up. I think it has potential. 20141214_093444.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was wanting to make a sling with two rings that could be tied in a cow hitch or what have you for use in negative rigging. I like this set-up for a couple of reasons:
1- the tenex is doubled throughout the whole sling so it is wicked strong.
2- two rings in one tie-able sling
3- the eye on the back could hold a block as Merle pointed out
4- if the back eye was a bit larger you could feed the rings through and choke it that way as well.

emr- I like those ultra slings from tree stuff, very nice.

Im way too cheap to buy anything.... thats why I learned to splice. I did get the idea from treestuff tho. I love these slings, I have one that I only use for climbing that has a ring spliced into the opposite end as this one. I use it for all sorts of redirects while SRT. I added the ring so I can use the Skillin (sp?) retrievable redirect.

My first thoughts are it would be really cool if it was adjustable, like a whoopie. I've had too much wine to further this thread in any useful way....

I just noticed there are two rings in that pic. :|: I was looking at it on my phone before and missed that. I thought it was one ring on one end with a pocked just up from it and then a small eye on the other side..... it makes more sense now.

My first thoughts are it would be really cool if it was adjustable, like a whoopie. I've had too much wine to further this thread in any useful way....

That's a great idea. You could make the "back eye" adjustable, that would be sweet!

That's a great idea. You could make the "back eye" adjustable, that would be sweet!

Although you would have to figure out how abr makes their three ring sling and utilize the splice with two rings on the one side. I looked at it for awhile and could not figure out how to make that splice!

Ok, headache has eased off a bit, but I have a 4 year old yellin' for me, this is my rough idea... of course tightened up and with proper buries, etc etc...

IMG3274.jpg

Sorry about the derail, but if Ben was talking to me here's a pic
871b3b636aaba3e85f90e90b00d4d238.jpg

How's this Raj?

Attachments

• 20150214_205815.jpg
    20150214_205815.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 71
Electric X8)

Attachments

• 20150215_085544.jpg
    20150215_085544.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20150215_090654.jpg
    20150215_090654.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 64
Using what the Art and Science of Practical Rigging call the STATIC REMOVEABLE FALSE CROTCH (iirc) technique, you can set and remove from the ground. A big plus. No "4" x's ( or 3.2 x's, whatever x's) the load multiplication.

Back