Boulder CO crane work

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 199
  • Views 21K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually liked having that dog there, he's an awesome little pitbull, Osbie8)

Thanks for watching guys

He only made a brief appearance in the back yard. He was inside for most of the day but broke out to say high quickly.:)

Cool tether, is that simply electrical tape providing stiffness beyond what the cord itself offers?

Just curious why you srt'd the removal instead of Ddrt?

Matthew, the robot music kills me for the most part, some goes well with tree vids but mostly I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack!

Cory, Thanks, yes the tape provides a little extra stiffness, it was only a partial removal of some large limbs hanging over some friend's new house so the SRT made it easy in and out, especially without gaffs.

Thanks for watching everyone!

Here is a new version of one I put up a bit ago, I guess it was blocked in the states so hopefully this one works!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gwoEn3l9Ngg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Watch in 1080

You live in Japan right? No 8 lane highways there? Russian olives and Junipers are about the only ones I find myself wanting long sleeves for, oh and Spruce too.

Correct, two lanes in each direction is the standard, but sometimes it drops down to only one, with no barrier between. :\: On very rare occasion there can be a three laner in one direction for a short span, but only because there is some kind of ultra confusing interchange coming up where otherwise people would likely be killing each other when figuring out which way to go.

Sounds scary! Better off on a bike probably?mopedsmile:

Walking and cycling are the means of transport by choice. I did drive twelve hours straight all down the north coast a couple days ago in a storm in my little truck, just to see if i could do it. :|:

Nice video, you yourself looked to make some great "pull up" cuts and stayed safe. I liked everything but the music, I personally would rather hear the screams of 2 stroke bliss, but I'm an odd duck.

thank you gauge! which vid did you watch?

The first one with the crane work was the direction of comment. I like how you always position yourself well for the cut. You always looked stable to me, but I'm just a greenbee so I could be wrong.

I watched your other vids and you get around good up in the canopy. It may just be me but it looks like you DRT on takedowns and SRT on trims. And as long as you play Florence and the Machine you can put all the music you want in those vids 8)

Thanks for watching Gauge. The first two vids in this thread are my brother's, the rest are mine. Yeah I'm still getting comfortable with SRT removals...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lTTb5RXfbmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yeah, pretty cruisy, that was just the first hour or two of a weekday job... that part was barely video worthy in my mind, the rest of the day was mostly pole pruning:|:

Thanks for watching Butch!

Ah yes... I wanted to get there early so I could drop that tree in the lot before it filled up.

Back