Fishing 2015

I know for a fact that this "Ray" or "Limbrat" character is an illusion who's only purpose is to reinforce the fact that I live in an awful place.;)

If I ever get to Florida, I am gonna picket in front of your house until take me fishing or call the cops.

The sheriff here is my wife's cousin and one of my best friends Jim so gettin the cops here would not be a problem. Seriously though, It'd be an honor to hook you up with some marine life. The wife makes a dish she calls Scallopenos, two or three scallops in a shell with her special sauce, a jalapeño slice and grated cheese on top baked in the oven for just a few minutes, make you hurt yoself, bad.

Scallop sushi isn't bad either. It's a regular dish at sushi joints. Rather mild tasting, not like the gut bombs that are also on the menu.

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 19
Jay, we eat them raw on the boat and actually had some this evening with lime juice, soy sauce and wasabi. I've never found a bad way to fix em. Right out of the shell they taste like sweet butter.

Jay it depends on the stage of the tide but we usually get them in three to five feet of water. Scallop populations fluctuate wildly from year to year, some years the bottom is nearly covered with them, some years, almost nothing. This is one of the really good years. Scalloping has been a fun family affair for us for many years, gathering them and then piling on the boat to shuck them. The kids have left the nest, this is our first year without them. It's still a blast, but I miss them.

C'mon Squishy, if these boys can land a steelhead in my boat, so can you!
e32bd500aeba9eadc3467a6108dfc11a.jpg

John has been spearfishing alot this summer, shooting grouper and hogfish most every weekend. With the new age of pictures on the cell phone, I don't know how to post them here. Plus, they are mostly on his phone. He shot a 22" red grouper and 3 hogs last weekend.
We revisited a ledge in around 9' of water, just through the 7 mile bridge and he saw a 250 pound Jew fish!

John has been spearfishing alot this summer, shooting grouper and hogfish most every weekend. With the new age of pictures on the cell phone, I don't know how to post them here. Plus, they are mostly on his phone. He shot a 22" red grouper and 3 hogs last weekend.
We revisited a ledge in around 9' of water, just through the 7 mile bridge and he saw a 250 pound Jew fish!
I'd love to see 'em V. I've never eaten a hogfish, but all my buddies that dive say they are the best fish in the sea. They must be 'cause they sure don't share 'em! My kids are both divers and have been trying to get me to take the course and get certified. I free dive and snorkel, get scallops and shoot a few fish, but I'm not that keen on the deep water stuff. I tell them, "somebody's got to stay on the boat, it might as well be me".

Ray, he wasn't using a tank. We are both certified but have not done it in years. You have to drag all that heavy stuff to the boat, put it on the boat, put it on your body, take it off your body, get it back into the boat, get it off the boat, then put it away. Nah, when you can snorkel in 7-20' of water and shoot fish, no need for all that hassle. We keep the mask and fins on the boat, so all we do is grab the gun and go!

We have some giants, but they are offshore in deep water, 60+ feet. Out of my range. I can just imagine it will be crazy there. Lobster Mobsters, never heard that one! Our scallop opener is pretty hectic, I stay off the water during those circus events.

Back