Fishing 2015

Those are rock bass (black sea bass) V, about the best eatin' critters in the sea. I talked with Chester Reese yesterday, he's doing well, catching a lot of fish and planning on running for a City Commission spot (bless his heart).

Learn something new everyday, never heard of rock bass. Wonder if we have them down here? People here love grits and grunts! HA

Holy smokes, give him our best!

A few more snapper and rock bass. It's been squally and rough every day this week but if you can hang on, they're biting

Your rock bass look way different then ours.
If ours get 10 inches he is a monster and a fish ohio award.

Duh ours freshwater yours saltwater. I answered my own question and removed it. Not same species of fish.

rockbass.jpg

If yours is half as good to eat he's fabulous. The world record is over 10 but ours normally only get to 3 or 4 pounds. They're easy to catch too, it's a great fish for kids and novices, especially using circle hooks, just drop a bait and reel 'em up.

Downed a big dead laurel oak this morning, then the bride and I snorkeled around and picked up some scallops this afternoon. We shucked 'em on the boat and ate our fill raw, just about to put some of the rest in the pan right now. As good as it gets in my book.
P6290054.jpg

image.jpg One 27" upper slot red drum, one 24", 4 keeper black drum.lots of croaker and crab for the heck of it.....no shark bite was good considering we were at ground zero....oak island nc.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nice reds and drum! The multi-spot red is pretty cool looking. Those croakers are nothing to sneeze at either especially when they turn golden brown.

Went back and scooped some more scallops this morning, my wife dearly loves gettin' 'em. I just about have to pry her out of the water and she's also very good at it. I like it a little too, especially the eating part!
P6300057.jpg
P6300060.jpg

Back