Demonstration

Teach them how to spot you backing onto a chipper.

But seriously, bring the k boom with a nasty pig of a piece of wood on it as a display. Unload and reload it for them at some point.

a little raised bed for the fruit trees would help to delineate where the kids should and shouldn't run.

you can make a wicked sandbox for kids and that's very stimulating to the preschool mine out of wood rounds partially buried, put in a plastic liner maybe with some drain holes. Filled with sand. make a bungeed tarp cover. Done!

dahlias preschool teacher asked if I can triple the size of the sandbox that we made.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They don't want fruit trees.
Chris, my boys can back me onto my trailers. It's funny when they realize they made a mistake and throw their hands over their faces! I don't even ask their mother to do it!....

My gut reaction is to not bring log loaders or chainsaws. Focus on the planting and pruning.

Is there a tree on site with a big dead limb it in that you could go up and prune out. Rope it down....let the kids rope it down?

Have the kids make a list of all the things trees give us. Kids are usually good at that. Food, shade, medicine, wood, rubber, etc.

love
nick

There really isn't any work to be done there or we'd be all over that.
I like the questions idea. I have to give a 10 minute presentation in 3 class rooms before I go outside with them. Still not sure what to do as they have the attention span of gnats at that age

4-5 year olds don't want an earth day presentation. Show them a hollow section of tree and a little lesson about wildlife utilizing it and another little lesson about why you have to cut down certain flawed trees. A slab of a log so they can guess how old it is at a glance. Whoever is closest wins a ball cap. Do a burnout style repel off a tree or the bucket and those kids will shit themselves. Those kids want to be entertained.

We had a lot of fun with the kids this morning. The remote controlled stumper was by far the favorite!
7f59fabea1c8d575661ac88078f88d55.jpg
caa8000924dd83868b8c31f88acdb2af.jpg
756ea18d1f941feda4cc11d5eb0cc766.jpg
46134f8ea62baafc4248506fa0202560.jpg
aa82b0aadaf58f78cd56e85a4bf43a51.jpg
a3628c5c28ca8d3d3cdaf83fa4f01cec.jpg

I remember in 3rd grade our teacher had a former student give us a demonstration on bees and beekeeping. All the kids were spellbound and I bet most still remember it. Good to expose kids to a variety of things. Gives them something to think about and remember.

Good on you for doing that Willie :) It seems that when youngsters watch me do my thing, the thing that entertains them the most is the apta.

Way to go, Willie. At least some of them will Always remember that!! Some are probably more dolly-oriented.

Willie, you guys ROCK!! Great pictures...the kids had to be enthralled. I bet the foot locking had some of them scratching their head.:D

Awesome job. I wasn't sure if you were going to do a science day snooze fest for the little tikes or dazzle them with an exciting show of a tree company in motion. You rocked it.

Haha, we showed them a video and a bunch of tackle. My foreman started talking about mechanical advantage.... so I had Kyle put on his saddle to get the attention back. :lol:

Back