The Homebrew Thread?

Jed, your wife brews your beer? Man, if so you've got it made. :)

Mick, do they offer real ale in the pubs in France. Living in GB, I found it to be an acquired taste with the lack of bubbles and drunk at room temp, but then it became the only thing to drink, not the gassy stuff. Two or three months of perseverance then you're in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, no Mick. I had just been hitting it a wee bit too hard, and writing stupid stuff on here. (I'm thinking you overheard something I said to Willie about laying off a bit or something... for me that means sticking to two beers.) I drink two or three now. My wife likes two better than three. I can stick to two of her IPA's (about 7 abv) and be all set.

Jay: Yeah she's a pretty sweet lady unless I start to overdo it. I probably would have been a terrible drunkard without her. I don't know though. When I used to get drunk... every time I would, God would afflict my concience like there was no tomorrow. Horrible feeling, let alone the hangover.

Well, she's back from the brewstore, but it got too late. Hopefully we'll have er in the kettle tomorrow.

I had my kegerator years ago. There was four of us to buy the beer. Same guy skipped out twice in a row and that ended it. We thought we would save money with the keg. We just drank more. I don't even know what an IPA is. I'll stick with my Busch Light ( got to keep my figure).

Yeah... espesially with your new Mullet. :rockon:

Mick: I would only put it down altogether under great duress.

We drink Busch lite during hunting season, dont know why.

When in college we had a nice kegerator. It was built out of a 50's Norge.

My buddy took it with him when he moved for the Navy. Not because he wanted a nice cold beer supply but because he was getting paid by the pound for a moving allowance. Thing weighed a ton.

Jed, your wife brews your beer? Man, if so you've got it made. :)

Mick, do they offer real ale in the pubs in France. Living in GB, I found it to be an acquired taste with the lack of bubbles and drunk at room temp, but then it became the only thing to drink, not the gassy stuff. Two or three months of perseverance then you're in!

No Jay just lager here, I barely touch the stuff now, just a couple of small cans after a hot day. Apart from the bloating I get tired of pissing the whole time.
I stick to the wine.
Jed, agreed, a couple after a hard day it helps a lot, if I had to give up, it'd be very difficult.
A little less wouldn't hurt though!

Anyone like spiced rum? Its worth a try. Some of the other euro stuff is good too Bekerovka on ice, Slibovich, Chartreuse shots etc. Spirit wise I keep some Grey Goose in the freezer and a bottle of Kraken spiced rum. Pale ales are my kind of beer but not really IPA- tried some once and never appealed, can't remember why. I also like some European beers: Kostritzer, Hoegaarden & Grolsch to name a few.

I gave up drinking spirits a few years ago, but I liked rum and vodka. There's half a bottle of Henkes Schnapps sitting here, might have to finish it this winter though.

I make lager, been making it for 26 years now and haven't got sick of it yet.

Haven't had an ale for a long time. If you've never tried DA don't. They still make it, but it might be a bit different to the old one. Flag was deadly stuff as well, but a little bit better.

RESCHS_DA_740_ml__STEEL_BEER_CAN_from_AUSTRALIA.jpg
tooheyflag1.jpg

Ale , yes I would at least try them. I guess I overdid CO2 a little on first Keg , friend who loaned me the regulator mentioned it would take some adjustments to get it dialed. Just a little too much foam. I believe the taste is better and I actually slowed down the process a little. Used to leave bottles at room temp and they emptied quickly some days. Now I pour one into a mug (ounce or two smaller than bottles) can see the color of the Brew and sip slower as it warms up.

Sorta, Jim... Northwestern IPA is just ale with a ton of hops in it which many people hate, but it's what I got in the pot right now. Ain't braggin... just showin off...

unnamed-1012.jpg unnamed-1013.jpg

The bottles are Double Black IPA @ about 8.2% abv. In the primary fermenter is a single amber IPA @ about 6.4%.

I'm tryin ta get another 50 bottles of Fence Stretcher Farmhouse ale @ 6.0% in at the same time as my Winter Warmer @ 10%!

And you'd love it. Not very much hops at all. I can't keep that stuff in the fridge. My dad and my friend Tim get more of it than I do. They call it a "Farmhouse Ale," whatever that's supposed to mean. Tastes a bit like Heffeweitzen, if that helps.

My dad and I made a vanilla bourbon stout a year back and it turned out pretty good. Im a big fan of stouts, porters and brown ales, but theres not many beers id say i dislike. The only ones i can say im not a real big fan of are lambics and shandys.

I like most beers as well but not a fan of shandys either. Never tried a lambic. I have been going to beer stores and looking for something new or different.

Amazing what they think of to mix with beer. Kona brewing co. makes one called Koko Brown. Coconut in it. Odd.

Fun trying new ones. Usually drinkable. The shandy took a long time to get rid of.

Back