Ancestry, any one else interested?

I can relate to Stigs story of the Nazis invasion of Denmark....then onto my Grandfathers home in Norway when the Nazis invaded there.
My Grandmothers town Andalsnes near the west coast of Norway was flattened by German bombers, but the Germans had a tougher time in the Hegra region where my Grandfather's farm was situated near the Hegra Fortress.

In 1940 a small army of 250 Norwegian soldiers and 1 woman nurse held off the Nazis for 25 days. Very fierce battle and when the Norwegians surrendered and became POWs, Hitler was so impressed with them that they were set free.

My Grandfather was farming in Canada at the time but his brothers and many relatives were a part of that army fortress group. Upon my visit to that area there is still a motar shell lodged in a wall on a building of my Grandfathers farm which was originally built in 1845.
Our descendents have farmed there since early Viking times on the shore of the Stjordalselva River.....highway to the North Sea and the North Atlantic.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hegra_Fortress

Here's post 12 - what is weird about it?

Nothing, except that I meant to write post 15....................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Why don't you go lean a bit on that P.I.
In person, I mean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couldn't find it for Montana.

Said it was up to the courts in most states. Judge's discretion sort of thing.

Hell, the Nuns would not tell me anything.....I had to hire a guy.

Makes me think someone is protecting a revenue stream.

I might should ask my lawyer.

I did send him a message recently Stig.

My sister used the same guy.......recommended/required by the Nuns.

She said she had to get kind of pushy with him. I would hate to have to do that.

It took him 4 years and more money to finally ask the grand parents where their daughter was!

Sounds like the kind of guy who needs his arms broken.
in several places.

My x-wife was adopted.
Her , for lack of a better term " birth mother" was only 15 when she got pregnant.

Wife was adopted by a single woman, who should never have been able to adopt, according to how things were done back then, but they bend the rules for her, because she was a medical doctor.

She was also completely unfit to be a mother of any kind, and managed to frig my x up beyond repair, mentally.
Imagine, as a teenager, any time you acted up ( Which teenagers are wont to do) being told that it was because you were a " Gutter child"

I've spent 30 years living with the fall-out from that. MIL died the week I started courting,( To use an oldfashioned term) my x-wife.
If she hadn't, I would probably have pushed her in front of a train "accidentally"

We are very much anti adoption, x-wife and I.
Be better to kill the kids.

You seem to present a different story, though.

Anyway, x-wife spent literally her whole life frittering around, thinking about trying to get in contact with her " Birth mother" but could never get around to actually taking the step.
I finally told her when she was 60 years old to shit or get off the pot, because if she waited any longer her " Birth mother" (please give me a better word) would be too old and decrepit for anything good to come out of meeting her.

That didn't make her do it, but 3 months later she got a letter from a half sister, who had tracked her down.

So we eventually found her " Birth mother" who turned out to be a great gal, who just had a habit of getting into bed and marriage with the wrong men.
She also turned out to have lived her entire life about 3 miles from us.
We've probably seen her multiple times in the local general store.

I really liked her a lot and we got to enjoy her company for a few years before she died of cancer.
Meant a lot to x-wife, meant a gigantic amount to "Birth mother".

There is a wooden cross on the local church graveyard, handcrafted in Burma teak ( Hell, that cross will last longer than the church) by me, marking her grave.

Since I refuse to enter churches or any other places tainted by the christian religion, that should tell you, how much I liked her.

There is a twist to the story that I won't tell here.
PM me if you want it.

Yowsa! That is a hell of a story!

My folks had to send letters to my birth mom as kind of an "interview" process.

She was able to choose between several "applicants".

She also sent a picture of her when she was pregnant with me. She was holding my 2 year old brother in the picture.

Honestly, if I never find out I will be fine. I have a great family.

I would however like to meet my brother.....and would like to find out some health history. Things I should be looking out for.

My Sister and I were both adopted (from different families at different times) through an orphanage/agency.

We've both met biological family members...myself: ten or so half brothers & sisters (two of which I went to school with before we found out)...Sis is friends with her biological mother.

Back