NFL playoffs

Cool, that'll be sometime Monday morning on the 2nd over here...hey, I might see the end before you do...we could make a killing :lol:

Yea, they're after Brady/Belichick, but if they dig deep enough, they'll probably find bones in every QBs' closet. I'm amazed that the entirety of the national non-sports "media" has taken this deflated ball and run with it. They seem to be obsessed with it. Maybe it's because their balls have also been deflated.;)

Well..... ya know... the news is so slow these days. We'll start another war soon enough to give em something to chatter about.

I found out yesterday that the Seahawks are in the Superbowl. I also found out that the superbowl is tomorrow. Need to get out more, maybe.

I'm not too much into it either Sean, gonna take a kid hunting during that time. I was a big Dolphins fan back in the '70s but have lost a little zeal for pro sports since then. Maybe it's just me but it seems like a lot of NFL (and college) players are just glorified thugs these days.

I found out yesterday that the Seahawks are in the Superbowl. I also found out that the superbowl is tomorrow. Need to get out more, maybe.

I hear ya there. I seldom worry what day it is. Is it a school day or not, work day or not?

I wonder if it is a problem of smelling the roses. We should do that more.

I threw a fit in a farm and ranch store the other day. I was looking at some ice fishing gear that I did not buy because I was too busy, when my wife brought a vest over to have me look at. She was worried that the color was not good for a work vest. I lost it. What the hell is the point of anything if you cant take a second to go ice fishing or buy a light green vest?

Not accusing you of not smelling the roses Sean, just venting a bit.

I've been doing a bit of introspection lately, lot of people moved back to the UK or whatever, we're kind of isolated, wife's french is bad so cannot really go native, spend a lot of time together fixing up the house, garden etc.
Anyway I've realised what it is I really like. In short it's getting up in the morning, waiting for the boys, hooking up the chipper/grinder/tractor, throwing the saws in the back of the van. Then setting off when the suns coming up.
We arrive at the job, get cracking, machinery all working well, saws sharp etc, it all goes well so we finish in mid afternoon, go home with the cheque, unload the gear, then in the evening reflect over a bottle of wine.
Honest to God I love it. Is that so weird?

That's a relief, sometimes people say I should get a hobby, I played football to a good standard till my mid thirties, and loved it, I still watch it on tv, I've always liked a drink, enjoy the house and garden, but even when I'm out with people im always thinking about work. It's not an issue I'm not going off the deep end or anything. I just think maybe I should take up knitting or learning the piano or something.

That reminds me of what my ex used to say, when I went off on vacation to California to climb big trees for fun.

No force on earth could move her to use her vacation to visit psychatric hospitals for fun.

Hey, some of us just like our work:)

I used to have to have something to do Mick. I couldn't sit at home, go to the bar, go hang out with a buddy, work on a car, whatever. I still go fishing when I can, so get your fish on Jim, a mans gotta unwind once in a while!
Anymore, I'm pretty content hanging out with the wife and boy at home, not a thing wrong with it, I think it's a sign of maturity.
Today I get to put an alternator on an Envoy and it looks like I'm going back to AT&T with the wife again. We spent 2hrs in there last night just to have them do a hard reset on her phone, just to come home and find the problems still exist after we backed it up.
So probably not much Superbowl for me today.

Time to make the donuts... That's the work end.

I'm just about to go get into a blocks building project... Either a preschool or barn and corral.

Ahhh... the poor Hawks! We're all in tears.... Poor Russell Wilson.... ahhh.... the agony of defeat. :(

And it was a bad beat! That last interception shouldn't have happened, the throw shouldn't have been there. But it's easy for me to second guess them, I didn't have to make the call.
The half time show was a joke as well, but I guess I can't expect too much anymore.

I liked Lenny, he could have played the whole show, but the 2min we got of him, doing her song, not so much.

Back