NFL playoffs

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Not too many football fans here afaik, but to those that are, what an insane end to the NFC 'ship:D

I watch a couple NFL games a year, the NFC championship if the Seahawks are in it and the Superbowl. Glad I watched today, relatively benign through most of it but exciting with 5 minutes left and OT. I could care less who wins to be honest.

Maybe my conspiracy theories are coming out, but the Greenbay Seattle game sure makes one wonder if the games aren't rigged? Much like the rest of the season, this year, neither team showed up to play, and yes, Rodgers pretty much threw away the game with the 2nd quarter interception pass right before the half. But to throw the whole game that far off? I dunno, something seemed fishy to me with that game, and no, I didn't have a horse in the race either.

:-(

That's all I have to say......
No way the games are rigged. I wish I could blame that reason for the Packers loss, but it was all them. No doubt in my mind.

Oh ya, I'm going to need to know if the Seahawks are winning/ progressing in the thingy. Did I skim that playoffs are over?

The Packers loss crushed me. Didn't get to watch the game as I was on the road coming back from Geezers but I heard they basically threw the game come forth quarter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the whole game turned on an onside kick by Seahawks with little time left in the game. GB new it was coming but one of their guys on the 'hands team' muffed it and seattle recovered, Beast Mode who had an awesome game ran it in on the WA offensive possession, GB got the ball back and sure enough drove it and tied game with field goal with time all but gone. Seattle won it with a bomb on first OT possession, caught by the guy who had been targeted on all 4 'Hawks interceptions. Crazy comeback by a team that had been dominated virtually the whole game. Their first TD was on a fake field goal, that was wild.

Yeah, that was pretty cool Cory.... And I don't even really like football. Still.... Go Hawks. The guys at work tomorrow are going to be elated. I'll actually get some work out of em. :lol:

Definitely one of the top and improbable comebacks in playoff history, which makes for a heckuva game.

It showed what makes sports great- never say die attitude, keep fighting, get a break, steal momentum, win it at the end, create a stratospheric high.

It showed what makes sports great- never say die attitude, keep fighting, get a break, steal momentum, win it at the end, create a stratospheric high.

I guess man,... It was just so weird over there last night... sitting around with our families at another buddies' house (both huge Hawks fans--followed em for years) Man, everyone was just getting soooooo long in the tooth... angry even. Everyone had absolutely given up on them and had been saying, "Well it's all over now." since way early on. The women had started talking about other things... and then... and then! Nobody could believe it.

No, but they don't fill half the news with logging or firefighting, only with exciting reviews of who has had the greatest succes punting an inflated piece of dead pig around.

Whenever there's a thread of this sort on any of the forums I frequent there's always someone who comes on and says "I dont like football/American football/rugby/lacrosse whatever, why do you do it? Just leave it. You don't like sports? Great, fine, nobody wants to justify their love of the game, they just talk about some important game or other.

Was that an unbearable derail? Sacred cow type stuff? I never said I dont like sports, and I never demanded someone justify shit to me. I take shit for talking about firefighting too much, and I spend too much time reading about it.

GO PATS!

EDIT> I would never make fun of a persons wife or mother, but yep, I'll pitch shit to a sports fan, or a quilter, or a fisherman, so on and so forth.

Back OT.

football_large.jpg

Back