Hunting 2015

Yep, he's great...and a total gent. He joined Longislandfirearms.com just because he heard he had been mentioned on there a few times. He's a really nice dude.......and a damn good shot too.

image4-4.jpg image1-7.jpg
I did a big removal job for this lady and her hubby (don't have his picture) and found out they were hunters but had never taken a hog. I took them to our club and they whacked three in short order. She stalked and shot the top one, her husband whacked the big sow I'm kneeling by and then she took another big sow. She is a crack shot. She smoked the first one through the boiler room and the second one through the ear.

Nice going big Ray

Wish we had some pigs in my area, gotta do some long drive to find any...hmmmm

They're a blessing and a curse to a deer and turkey hunter. They eat a lot of mast that could've supported other critters and wreck a lot of turkey nests, but they're fun to hunt, and eat. As I said before Scott, if you ever get to NW Florida, you're certainly welcome to come hunt 'em. Heading out now to see about a turkey, they are finally gobbling again here.

Saw two gobblers that didn't make a sound, one was henned up, no shots. Heard one gobble all morning. I don't know why, but they're sure acting funny this year, we've got a ton of turkeys but they just aren't gobbling.

Working on a ground squirrel problem. :/:
Maybe draw the coyotes in closer leaving a few around ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_164445757_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150418_164445757_HDR.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20150418_164657414.jpg
    IMG_20150418_164657414.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 31
I have a first generation M77 in 22-250. It was the second rifle I handloaded for. The old timers told me to dip the case in powder and just shake out enough to have room to seat the bullet. I never did that! It was Grandpa's rifle anyway, and I could not afford to replace it if I blew it up!

I should go gopher hunting this year. We have been in the middle of a huge die off of gophers, none on my place anymore. They are coming back in other areas.

I mostly use a .22 or a .221 FireBall these days. I should get a .17HMR. Its the only rimfire you can buy around here.

Glad you won that rifle Stephen!

If I was in the market for a 22 for say varmint and target shooting, which I can't be currently because of the stupid laws, would I be wanting a bolt action or the auto type where all you do is pull the trigger? Is there variation in accuracy?

The bolt actions are a little more accurate Jay, but the semi autos are a lot more fun. I've got several, but I am partial to the Ruger 10-22. Only the good Lord knows how many rounds have went through mine and it always performs.

If I was in the market for a 22 for say varmint and target shooting, which I can't be currently because of the stupid laws, would I be wanting a bolt action or the auto type where all you do is pull the trigger? Is there variation in accuracy?

An inexpensive .22 Bolt action Rifle will often out perform an expensive auto loader.Which of the two action types you might prefer is up to you.I prefer a bolt action for hunting,however an auto loader is the most fun for informal target shooting (plinking).

Back