Hunting 2015

In these cases, at best I take the loin right off the back. I haven't noticed a difference in taste if it is a short run/wounding.

Most of what gets shot from the airplane stays were it lies.

I betcha could if you were hungry.

But your probably right. If you are basting piggies from the air you probably have enough groceries. I have some friends that shoot coyotes from a Super Cub. They outfit for it. Quite popular. We have to pay extra for our govt. hunter to do that, otherwise he just calls them or traps them.

This area of Texas, (between Del Rio and San Angelo), was sheep and goat(mohair) country until govt subsidies were pulled out in the 90s. With govt subsidies, the Edward's Plateau of Texas a producing 95% of the world's mohair. Now that ranchers aren't getting help from the govt titty, there are far fewer sheep.

Decades of being sheep and goat country came with decades of govt trappers, aerial poisoning (they drop poison biscuits), etc there just aren't many coyotes. They are only now starting to appear in the area.

there just aren't many coyotes. They are only now starting to appear in the area.
Give 'em a few months. In the areas I hunt there are tons of hogs and coyotes. The coyotes eat a lot of pigs but they can't keep up with the reproductive power of a wild hog. I see sows with 10 or 12 pigs in a litter and then a few weeks later they'll be down to 3 or 4 and that seems to be about the average survival rate. They do however take a real toll on the whitetail fawns. It seems that 1 out of 5 or 6 does will raise a fawn. The only thing that really whacks the coyotes here is mange. It will come through every five or six years and bring their numbers way down but it only takes them a couple of years to completely rebound.

That's good! Similar to Monkeys, wary of man, I mean the wild ones, but the chimps can sense a threatening human and one not so. Young children are more vulnerable than many people seem to think. I wouldn't leave a child unattended if I lived up in the woods where the Monkeys abound.

I would have a hard time living in monkey country I think.

I have heard of attacks in cities where the coyotes get big and brazen. Not sure of accuracy.

So, TreeTX, if I understand you, after your rant about agriculture, uh, so, no coyotes right?

Shit, some of you are worse than asking what thread is the best to use at a quilting bee.

You're right. Ethical hunting means fair chase and respect for the quarry. Not loathing.

I dunno about loathing, but it is not ethical hunting, it is ethical pest control.

Jim - yes, very few coyotes. I tend to not shoot them when I do see them, but I've only seen 2 in 10 yrs. In other parts of Texas, coyotes over populated - in that sheep and goat country, not so much.

Texas put a ban on hunting snow monkeys back in the late 90's. There is a healthy population of them in south Texas.

News to me too. I would have thought that Monkeys and Texas went for a conflict of cultures. Maybe I could convince the authorities that there is at last a plan to solve the issue here, since killing is perity much out. Trap them all and export to Texas.

I like this guy's shooting vids. He's obviously nuts about shooting and gets his ammo for free. Between blasting away, he seems to know a lot about guns.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rtIqTfObXIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back