Hunting 2015

Bolt action is probably a good way to go with your gun laws vs a semi as well Jay. Not that I would know.
I want a lever 22 for the next 22. Henry makes a really nice one.

Got o shoot one that belonged to the kid of the 4H shooting instructor last year. Just a plain simple nice gun. Seth wanted the pump action they made. It's ok. But that dang trigger safety ticks me off. You have to tap that before you cycle it. PITA CA thing.

You guys are really cool to offer to help me obtain a rifle. Unfortunately, the law makes it prohibitive without first going through an elaborate procedure, which in the case of a 22 would take (don't laugh) 7 years. The fools were considering locking me up because I was working on a Mannlicher stock for a guy and had brought it into the country. In the end they charged me three grand and let me off the hook. They are very paranoid about guns, even the cops seem to be about the one that they have on their belts. I side with the yakuza on this one, they don't see them as any big deal.

Hey FFzero,

I got out pheasant hunting last fall for the first time & I'm hooked.
I got "schooled" by a friend and his young son.
Bitterly cold but still fun.
P 1.jpg

Ok. Every year I miss the deadline to put in for tags. Especially now that they moved the elk deadline up a month.

To my taste buds, there is nothing better than zipping the loin out of a still warm antelope and building a fire on the prairie to roast it with a green willow.

So I will be putting in for at least antelope this year. I get to apply for land owner preference so I am pretty much guaranteed a tag.

We had a hell of a late hatch of pheasant this year so we should have a good pheasant year too. The dear got hammered hard by either blue tongue or hemorrhagic fever so not much good for deer hunting.

But I have said before, our whole place is open to hunting if'n a Treehouser wants to hunt.

I think you'd be wanting a sound depression attachment on a gun if you were shooting monkeys. One bang and they would be gone for the rest of the day, perhaps for even longer. Remember, you are dealing with a higher order of intelligence within the animal kingdom, possibly even smarter than the people that would be hunting them in some ways. :lol:

Oh, the goal would not be to kill all of them, just the ones in my neighborhood. If they got the hell out of Dodge after losing just one of their comrades, that would be fine with me!

Hope you get some more time afield this fall Phased1. It is not wasted time!

I have a good friend in Devil's lake MccauleyTree. If you get skunked hunting, he knows of some of the best perch and walleye fishing in the US. Good luck!

Geez louise do you ever do boring stuff??

That looks like a big one, enjoy the venison!

Btw, a while back, "tasteful" photos of game animals collected was discussed, this photo here is highly respectful and photogenic, imo. :thumbup:

Back