www.gypoclimber.com

Jubal

TreeHouser
I have been obsessed with reading the archives and several links have been posted to this site www.gypoclimber.com. I have not been able to access it. Does it still exist or has it been transferred ?
Does compulsion follow obsession ?

I don't know how to access the archives, but a lot of us lived them, so to speak. New members may find them interesting!

I run into the archives sometimes when googling. I'm not sure how much is out there and whether you could really call it archives, but there is some old posting kicking around.

Both pages worked together for a time.
Then one was a back up when Butch and Ekka were feuding. I think it became more hassle that it was worth to keep both

That's right, 3 or 4 deletions killed some of the picture up loading action

It has nothing to do with domain names. At one time gypoclimber = masterblasterhome, but I got rid of it... it was redundant and not needed.

Your opinion, not shared by all. Lost links to a world of worthwhile threads with valuable posts and attachments in the doing.

But also it was properly your choice; it's certainly your website to manage as you see fit, Butch.

It wasn't any name change that made any posts disappear. We lost posts from moving the forum from different providers and I didn't do it properly. I believe it was the first two incarnitions that were lost. I've changed providers three or four times now. I still have some old databases that probably have those posts... but none of the very first posts are available.

Adam was supposed to look at it... dunno what ever happened with him. He still logs on but doesn't say much nowadays.

Whad up, Adam?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Access archives by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Click on the archive option between "top" and "the tree house" on the right side.

I've opened a ticket with ipower about the fact that the database server doesn't appear to resolve outside their local systems. I can't actually get into the databases with their dashboard 'tools' to do anything useful. I'll keep you guys in the loop with what happens once I get some direct access to dump the databases so I can use them off-site. The older forum db info would likely need to be ported into a format that the current vbulletin could use, and I wouldn't want to test that in production and have the forums all screwed up. A second vbulletin test setup on a system I have shell access to would be ideal.

As far as not really being around, since my second son arrived I'm just not around enough to follow anything consistently. I do like to read when I can but my 4 year old is very curious and I spend a lot of time doing things with him. When I'm not with him I'm with my 1 year old or trying to spend that last silent hour of the day with my wife.

I know those old posts mean a lot to you guys so I'll try to make more of an effort to make them available somehow.

Good deal, Adam....and it sounds like you have priorities perfect...those kids come first. Thanks for doing what you can.

Back