Your greatest vehicle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually doubt it was 6ft as few people were as tall as that then, but, yes coppers had to be a certain height in order to have a physical presence.
Edit I guess Steve means OZ so I don't know about that.

The RCMP here in Canada also had the 6 ft tall requirment but that was before the mid 1970s when women were allowed to join.
Same idea as good bar bouncers are over 6 ft in order for them to see over a crowd of people.

Speaking of tall bouncers, when I was at a Oktoberfest beer tent in Munich ,Germany years ago I stood beside a woman bouncer at the door and I felt tiny.
She was easily over 7 ft tall and had to weigh well over 300 lbs. Big big amazon:lol:

Actually I did have my camera ready and tried to ask if it was OK to take a picture of her but she didn't understand English. She just smiled at me with a pleasant look on her pretty face.......as my wife was dragging me away by the hand.
:lol:

End of an era, it finally became irreparable at the end of last year.
My BIL wanted the tipping body so we fired her up and he's taking it to his place.
15 years of unstinting service.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 75
Mick,

I like that Kubota sitting next to it. I just love my little Kubota. I've got the B2920. This is my third Kubota. I bought this one back in 2012. She's already got over 1200 hours on it.

My favorite vehicle, which is still running today, was my 1989 Ford F-150. That thing was as loyal to me as my dog.

Joel

I replaced the entire front end while i was at it
3de9a126d19838052f3cd0275f448ca4.jpg
68e7f7143b081fbd4afb686e08ce0a66.jpg
2ec8e25ec4affdde616acd84f6e4c8ca.jpg
7bd51b1be337fdb0836777a22c5c2c18.jpg
ad424c0181082e975bb901233af9f12b.jpg
i want to switch the bumpers,lineX the entire truck and add a light bar....

I've owned more fun vehicles, Jeeps, F350 4x4, etc but the greatest to me is that which puts green in my pocket. My current land rocket, 2006 VW TDI. I get 43mpg and have put 205,000 miles on it with no signs of slowing down.

It costs shag all to drive and I get to claim $0.56/mile. That is the kind of expenses I need - the kind of expenses that don't cost!

Happiness is not driving around in a large portion of your net worth.

Nice to revisit this thread. Currently at 256,000 miles.

I have made mind bending amounts of money this year and have no plans on upgrading my ride until it dies. Hoping for 300K

I still have to say happiness is money in the bank, not an expensive ride.

Really? I agree somewhat, but I grin ear to ear everytime I get behind the wheel of my goober truck.

Different people value different things. I've always loved vehicles.

Nice truck Samuel, ,......for a Chevy. :D

image.jpg

I'm in a situation at the moment where I have pretty much all I need for my work. The house is up to scratch, mortgages all but paid off, wife works, so no dependents. There's a few quid knocking about and I keep thinking I should buy something I've always wanted when I was young and potless.
So this is what I've come up with https://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/930302287.htm?ca=20_s
I may go off the idea, but I feel like I deserve a mid life crisis.

Lovely.
That is one of the most iconic bikes ever made IMO.

I say go for it Mick! Super bad ass bike

Thanks Justin lol,it's the greatest vehicle I have ever had,not claiming it's the greatest vehicle hahaa. Your truck is looking not quite so bad even though it is a f**d

I'm a nutbar for vehicles. It's been a long long time since I've got anything resembling a sour deal. I hunt and hunt and research and hunt some more and then I wait and watch and watch some more.

I paid 18,900cdn for that truck a little over a year ago. It's a 2011, first year of the new style. 60k cdn window sticker in the glove box and about 10k of extras on the truck from custom tuning, exhaust, suspension, brakes, etc, etc.

Everyone says it's my grandpas blood that flows through my veins. I got his hair, lol and his thirst for the deal! those sidesteps pictured are the best thing I've ever had on a truck for getting in or reaching into the box/toolbox. Custom made by the previous owner. The interior was/is even cleaner. It looked like the PO barely sat in it, he covered all the factory carpet with vinyl, then weather tech mats, then the factory mats. A true nutbar, bless his soul.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lol. Heh it's fun for certain, but I wouldn't have it if I wasn't pulling around horses with it most of the time. And certainly wouldn't have built a truck quite that 'flashy' but I do enjoy the hell out of it.

Man that is a sweet bargain,i got like $6k just into the lift/steering components/wheels and I definitely did not get a deal on a sweet rig. Don't get me wrong i love my truck,but it is the work truck model and it definitely was a worked hard,it's from texas and was registered commercial...now with the amount of mud packed into every last crevasse of the frame and body along with the amount of hours and miles on it,I'm confident it was an oil field rig in texas,maybe even got caught in the floods... But it's MY truck damn it,ain't no going back now any damnd wAy

Sweet deal on that ride Justin and a nice ride! Especially if you're in the hauling horses gig. I simply do not haul stuff so I can't justify it. I am in the kids and driving about 1000 miles a week business. People put money in different places. I have 2 houses, 2 mortgages. The first house is a cash cow of a rental. I'd love to treat myself to a nice ride, but I'm going to keep stacking up cash until I get both place paid. That's a whole 'nother thread - lol.

I think if cars or a ride is your hobby/interest, it changes the game as you get other enjoyment out of it. I love flying and tend to piss off a bunch of money doing that.

There should be some good truck deals out of Texas. Before the oil crash, there where a ton of kids making $50-$60k pushing a broom that where a car dealer's wet dream. I have a family friend who was in that boat. 19 yr old making $60K as a go-fer driving a $50K truck. Then he ended up having to take a $11/hr job and give the truck to the bank.....

There's got to be some more slick ass rides that people of The House have. Post up brothers and sisters. I'd love to see them.

You'd dig it around here Nate. Lots of hang gliding and paragliding going on. Not my thing. I think I mentioned it before I was all lined up as a youth once to start hang gliding and the family friend who was going to teach me crashed and broke his leg like a week before we were to get started. Sucked the wind out of my sails and I've never really sought out another opportunity.

Man that is a sweet bargain,i got like $6k just into the lift/steering components/wheels and I definitely did not get a deal on a sweet rig. Don't get me wrong i love my truck,but it is the work truck model and it definitely was a worked hard,it's from texas and was registered commercial...now with the amount of mud packed into every last crevasse of the frame and body along with the amount of hours and miles on it,I'm confident it was an oil field rig in texas,maybe even got caught in the floods... But it's MY truck damn it,ain't no going back now any damnd wAy

Samuel, it's still a real nice looking truck. Some vehicles are less about how they are and more about how you make them. Looks like you're making it into a really nice truck. And for me doing work like that on a vehicle with good friends is a real rewarding time.

Back