Your greatest vehicle.

Mick!

TreeHouser
Tell us about your loyal servants.
Here's my old chip truck, I've had her 13 or so years, apart from carrying and tipping chip for all of that time (normally way over the weight limit) it's moved girl friends stuff in, and out! Carried all our goods and chattels to France in 4 relays. Plus been heavily involved in the bringing to and fro of materials for the renovation of our place out here.
She's not the quickest or the most powerful but apart from the last year when I bought a newer one she was the bedrock of my business, and was, along with my chipper, the real money maker.
She's just passed the emissions test so that should mean another years free motoring when needed. :yes::yes:
In semi retirement now so only comes out a handful of times a month.

Ford transit, I salute you. The best vehicle I will ever own.:big-not-worthy::big-not-worthy:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 226
My suburu STI......sold motorcycle replaced with speed and airbags.

This is gonna be a big thread.8)

I've got a bunch of very good vehicles, I don't want to jinx it my naming just one.

My first new car was an '80 Subaru GL and it was very excellent.

1969 Mobylette (I had it in the 80's), round rims, chrome spokes, cyrus twist, five gear carb, three piece muffler with baffles out...brrppp, brrppp, duckin' breeze, ran faster at night when the air was cooler...you gotta be Bermudian to understand.

Black '56 Nomad when I worked at the gas station. One of the other guys that worked there had a red one. Both parked out front looked cool. Had a three speed floor stick and a purple interior light. 8)

Attachments

• 1956-nomad-01-03.jpg
    1956-nomad-01-03.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 184
A Chevy 20 when I was in high school ran well and was a party on wheels. The best part was the queen sized bed as we had the camper package. ;)

Mitsubishi Starrion TSI One of the most fun cars I ever had. Had the last year made.. fast as all get out for it's time. Bought it used, but damn near new because it scared the kid that owned it. :lol:
1987%20Mitsubishi%20Starion%20ESI-R%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20Turbo%20TSI%20hatchback%20Coupe%204g54%201.jpg

And I bought one of these new... Damn thing never let me down.. Ran it across country in severe weather and such
ford_probe_1988_images_1.jpg

My 1964 T Bird was serious fun as well...
1964%20ford%20thunderbird-nmtd.jpg

My first car handed down from my parents as a graduation present.
1998 Vauxhall Frontera 2.2, I used to earn £40 a week wages and it used to cost £80 to run a week. I was gutted to rid of her but this was also my first buisness lesson and what is not sustainable to a bank balance.
image.jpg

My first truck. An 85 Toyota SR5 extended cab with every option available that year. Bought it from the first owner, garage kept, with 70k on it in 1999. It was nearly flawless. I worked a horse ranch in Colorado one summer as a teen as a break from the never ending cycle of tree work all summer that made up my childhood. I saved $1500 and my uncle matched what I saved. Great truck.

Then I got wasted and showed an oak tree who the boss was at 50 mph. Hit hard enough to throw the truck sideways and roll twice down the road. Came to rest on its side with me dragging skin on the ground through the smashed out window. That was a real bummer on several levels.

My 69 Camaro was my favorite. It carried me across the country during my entire time in the U.S. Army. It wasn't the SS model. Nothing fancy, but I sure wish I still had it.

Joel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At the age of 16 inthe UK in the 70s you could have one of these Yamaha FS1E or "fizzy" as we called them 50cc.
We tuned the hell out of them until they reached the giddy heights of 55mph which was easily achieved down the mysterious "bullshit hill" where most of our solo speed testing went on!
You learnt a lot about engines (and how to fix them) with these.
But they gave you freedom, priceless.
And yes Bermy, they ran best on cool summer evenings after a rain shower, or so it seemed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 107
I had a Negrini.. I was also the only certed tech for them in SO cal back then..
Pretty much this in silver and black with alloy wheels, I bore out the intake and took the governors out. Good for about 50 MPH. Ride the damn thing all over Cali. I had a CB750 Hang Two Motor Cycle seat adapted to it when I worked there. Made for a comfy ride.
1980_MX_Sport_3.jpg

We started driving at 6 up here. Usually helping feed cows. I drove a 63 ford pickup almost everyday. Of course I was big for my age.

By the time I was about eight, four wheels were boring so it was on to a three wheeler. Then my favorite motorcycle.

ct90k4.jpg

Imagine this with a tackle box, fishing rod and a pump .22 all strapped to it. Oh, along with a few 00 traps.

In high school it was a 77 Blazer that I blew up trying to impress a girl, and a 79 Chevy short box that I rolled trying to help a girl. Still have nerve damage.

The 79 was my favorite. Of course, I still have all this stuff, just trying to find the time to fix it.

As far as useful goes, I have a 2001 Chevy Duramax that we bought with 86000 on it and now have 180000 with hardly any trouble.

I've owned more fun vehicles, Jeeps, F350 4x4, etc but the greatest to me is that which puts green in my pocket. My current land rocket, 2006 VW TDI. I get 43mgp and have put 205,000 miles on it with no signs of slowing down.

It costs shag all to drive and I get to claim $0.56/mile. That is the kind of expenses I need - the kind of expenses that don't cost!

Happiness is not driving around in a large portion of your net worth.

Back