Veggie burger to save the world

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My wife cooks a veggie burger, not sure which brand, but it is actually as good as a regular one. Lil different, but as good.:thumbup:

Let us know!

Get some bison while you are there, just to mix it up and be real enviro friendly

YES!

I hate to start a fight, but the claims made in that article are pretty one sided. Just as you would find in an article written by a beef organization. As usual, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, yes, beef is going to ruin the world, gluten is poison, high fructose corn syrup is made out of the ground bones of orphan children.

If you are making a great meat alternative, then sell it on flavor and value.

If you are selling it as the moral high ground so you and George Clooney can compare how smug and smart you are, well I wish them no luck at all.

It is the same as energy. Why do we have to be for one source of energy and against all others? Is it the same for protein? The bastards are trying to get rich just like the rest of us. Fear sells.

Offer me a veggie burger and I will try it.

Tell me I am an asshole for eating meat and then offer me a veggie burger, I will kick you in the kneecap. While you are immobilized I will capture the nearest tasty animal, drag a knife across its throat, build a fire out of your long unused man card, and eat the tasty animal.

I dont like a hard sell. Oh, and I have not been drinking.

Kidding aside, I think it is a great idea.

It is what it is, sensationalist journalism.

But, eating red meat every day is increasingly environmentally unsustainable with a growing world population. I'm not sure beef substitutes are the answer, but maybe in the burger mad America they are?

For me the answer is less but better quality, probably only eat beef of any kind 4-5 times a year. We rear our own pigs and chickens at home, and I'm intending to add geese to the line up next year.

I've had one today, have another on the way!
I'm with Jim, it's a cool idea, and I'd try it at least, but that read like a damn PETA add to me and totally turned me off from the get go.

I've never had a bad one that I can remember. I grew up on Mcdonalds, every fri nite, 3 cheeseburger, choc shake, large fri, apple pie…Mmmmmm.

I love meat but I try to eat less and less of it.

Five Guys is too expensive/overrated.

I had two double Whoppers with cheese yesterday. I left off the bacon to make it a healthy burger.

Back