Attempting DIY operation

This is an interesting thread, I will bump it.

I don't think I have had antibiotics prescribed more than three or four times. I just don't infections.

Having said that, we have been learning about sepsis and septic shock in class, that shit is scary.

Tell us about the potato Bob. I screw up my eyes welding sometimes.

I'm blessed too Jim, I haven't been sick or even visited a physician except an eye doctor in years. I'm curious about the tater too, been flashed a few too many times myself.

What is that-arc eye? Never heard welding flash.

It's retina burn, from not covering your eyes, or using the proper welding hood. I had it once, woke up at 4am and it felt like some one had dumped handfuls of sand in my eyes, incredible pain! They numbed them and I had to wear patches for 24hrs.
I've heard of the potato, but never used it, you cut a potato in half and put each half on the eyes for an hour or so, from what I recall.

Just soaks through the skin, kinda like wrapping an onion around an infected finger..... that could be the reasons Europeans smell funny, shovin' and stickin' all sorts of food on their bodies.

It's retina burn, from not covering your eyes, or using the proper welding hood. I had it once, woke up at 4am and it felt like some one had dumped handfuls of sand in my eyes, incredible pain! They numbed them and I had to wear patches for 24hrs.
I've heard of the potato, but never used it, you cut a potato in half and put each half on the eyes for an hour or so, from what I recall.
More precisely, you get two different wounds with the welding flash. One is the retina burn, you loose some of the vision locally because the light sensitive cells are damaged or killed, but it's painless I'd think. The other is the cornea burn, like a sun burn on its extremely delicate surface layer. This one is painful and can lead to one sort of cataract. Don't undertake it, it's a very serious wound.

I suppose if you wanted to proclaim yourself a citizen of the world or something you could.

Denmark is in the EU, is on continental mainland Europe, and most tellingly won the European football championship in 1992 beating the Germans in the final. As I'm sure you remember and still celebrate in your house hold.:)

Jim, the EU is a construct that the people of most of the different countries have never been allowed to vote about participating in.
It has been snuck in by the back door, starting as a trade union and gradually turning into the US of Europe.

I seem to remember the start of USA as a slight bit more up front!

As a hardworking Scandinavian, I have about as much in common with a lazy Greek as I would with a sea slug.
Yet, because we are all memebers of the glorious EU, guess who gets to pay the bill when said Greeks run their country into the ground, bacause the like long vacations, early retirement and not paying taxes?

Well, I do. That is who.

The Sacndinavian Country had our own little club, before all the EF/EU bullshit, called "Norden".
It would have been much better for us to stick to that and never have become members of the clay footed monster.

You sure know how to yank my chain by now:lol:

Back