Ak 47 and other Semi's

vharrison

Island Girl
Clearly, I know nothing about guns other than I think a AK 47 would be a nice Christmas gift for John. Our local gun dealer sold me on a Vector. He said they are very well made.

Thoughts? :?

I think the best opinion you'll get will be from John at about this time next week! I bet he will enjoy the heck out of it!

I am not sure about that manufacturer, sorry:( I am sure if you did a quick search that would tell you everything you need to know about it.

I know a LOT about guns, but this is a new one to me! Can't even find much out about it, seems they come as kits? https://www.google.com/webhp?source...espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=vector+ak+47+review&spell=1
I'm another fan of Bulgarian and Chinese made AK's, the Yugoslavians seem to lack something. The original Russians are the best, milled receivers and all, but you will pay a premium, $1k and up, for one of them.
Sorry, I'm really not much help on this one!

How do they make them semi? Is it something simple like changing out a sear in the trigger of something? I've never been at all interested in the AK, AR platforms, but whatever floats your boat.8)

The S&W M&P 15T in 5.56 I got a year ago would be a sweet choice. It doesn't shoot and feel uh "mass produced" like the AKs I've shot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
She gave him an AR a while back, best I recall.

hahahaha, tells you what I know about guns and for that matter, what I care about guns. I forgot that, and bought another one!! Lucky for me the dealer exchanged it for the AK. It took him some paper work but he did it for me. I told him I was willing to pay "the idiot up charge" for his trouble but he declined.

In the back of my mind when I got it home, I remembered the picture I had posted on here, and knew I got the wrong one. I opened the gun safe and my mistake was confirmed. Stupid gurl! :D Anyway, now I am excited to give him his gift!

Like Jay pointed out, mom and pop stores are a treat to deal with.

Nancy Pelosi said “We avow the First Amendment. We stand with that and say that people have a right to have a gun." Just not one that looks dangerous like these "evil assault rifles". Pure brilliance. Someone that has been in government for nearly thirty years and has no clue about the document that is supposed to be the law of the land. Doesn't say much for the majority in her district either.

My bro quit his job of 25+ years and opened a gun shop last year. Homeland Guns. I like the AK's too and have been trying to keep from pulling the trigger on the one my bro has for $500.

Here is some of his ideas in shotgun news this month.

10382170_310554012482202_4531438266597529242_n.jpg

I was told this was a good price by guys on my site awhile back.

Bro's

New in the box Del-Ton DTI-15 Sport. Unlike other "Sport" models this one has the dust cover and forward assist! This has a forged lower (not polymer) adj. stock,flash hider and bayonet lug. One 30 round mag included. $575 plus $25 shipping to your FFL. Ohio residents must pay tax.

10421644_299197320284538_1316792179729222435_n.jpg

Found it $500. Century Arms GP1975 Black composite furniture has been Duracoated Colt Gray. The Gray on the charging handle is just a protective cover. upgraded the slant muzzle brake to a Panther and it also has a Tapco trigger. It also has a bayonet lug.There's not a mark on the reciever but there is some light scratches on the barrel.Comes with one steel 30rd.

Just sharing info

pix384662633.jpg

Now how about a more affordable gun to shoot.
Sig522 with sparrow suppresor.........

Impressive...would be nice to shoot without muffs:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UBYJBRq0f3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bro has this. Goes on the .22 handgun and a .22 rifle. Then he has them for 9mm and 5.56. Nice having a little bro into guns. :D

1507105_307056106165326_6087385255012184705_n.jpg

Back