Rigging wood in tightish quarters

mistahbenn

Treehouser
Job from Monday, all went well. I try and tell the ropeman to let them run more, sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Got 'er done :whine:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kOChYSrBCIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope to one day have the mental strength to wrestle the headaches you often do. Yes, I've taken nightmare trees down. You on the other hand, seem to do it constantly. That takes more then skill. That takes patience and a very willing mind. Most guys I know would burn out on those headache trees after too many in a short time.

you seem to get a lot of really shit, awkward jobs Ben....but you keep coming out on top mate. Well done :thumbup:

Im glad that tire against the building remained redundant, because im not sure it wouldve done much on its own there.

Tricky! Well done for including the close shave.
I reckon for a groundy just holding it without running is a safer option. They don't feel the impact up the tree so they just hold it. They fear losing control so put too many wraps.
Anyway a real ball breaker of a tree, well done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Squish the first thing I said when we rolled up to the job was, where's the effing crane! Not enough money on it, there never is. But im not gonna piss and moan on an internet forum. Reg, I wasnt worried about the log hitting the house so much as cracking the concrete on the left... Even removed 2 baby conifers just in case, then replanted them.

These kind of jobs make you have to take risks, but then taking risks adds to experience. Even today, I have a real bendy, awkward choke cherry stick to fell, which is leaning over a garage, its got my balls going. Gonna have the machine there to pull it over with a redirect. Should be ok. Thanks again :)

Well done Ben :thumbup: Early morning thought? Place the tires on the stem. Might act more like a brake rather than a bumper. Usually find a/c or gas at the side of homes and find felling a spar much scarier then chucking.
Had a willow with a pipe in the hinge launch off a stump 4 ft and punch deck board into the house shifting and cracking brick, drywall etc. Lotsa of other close ones. Stressful cuts for sure, hope your boss pays you well cause man you are gold

. Reg, I wasnt worried about the log hitting the house so much as cracking the concrete on the left... Even removed 2 baby conifers just in case, then replanted them.

I must confess, I wasn't too worried either, looking through the phone :)

Again, great job, good editing and so exciting to watch. One thing though, if I may point out. A tag line can limit the swing of the work over a much shorter time, and a vertical speed line can do as well, but even better. I've been there a few times myself, watching the work swing over roofs and service drops, and waiting for it slow down until its safe to lower. Minutes passing, thinking to myself, hmmm... maybe I better employ a tag line.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly jerry... I had originally had an extra pulley put on the rigging line tht I was going to attach closer to that piece, but thought it would be ok so had the gm take it off. Next time I will go with my first instinct :)
Just filmed another nasty log drop....

No way Benn is a ass kicker. That was crazy tight, do you guys have limited crane access or is it cost prohibitive mostly?

That's what I meant. Benn is THAT guy that can just keep going and make it all happen on a steady basis. He just kicks ass and jumps into the next headache tree.

Great vid. Lotta serious skill there. Hats off to you, sir.

I'm sure the following isn't news to you, but, lets say the tree was 2 days @$1800/day =$3600.00 for the tree. Get a crane for $1500.00, do the job in one day and make $2100.00 for the day, easy peezy and on to the next one. Just sayin, just wondering

Excellent job. Tight for sure

Cory his boss (3 wise men I believe) should just buy him a crane and be done with it!

Second thoughts he should just come work for me since I have a crane!! Charlottesville home of UVA has lots of cute young single girls

Back