deadwooding oaks in bammental

climbernz

TreeHouser
Nothing to outrageous guys just a clip i made of a typical job i get upto here over the pond .
its probably not everyones cup of tea but i hope you enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N5EX1DhJfoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah bang on treetx , i was having a look inside to see if there were any animals living inside and to measure and document the size of the holes .
the oak has a fungi phellinus robustus so i just had to make an inspection and document basically , the tree was vital and had put on some decent callus around the affected area so i was reasonably happy .
we may opt for a resistograph at a later date .

cool blog by the way mate :thumbup:

What is your thought on breaking Wall 4 with the Resistograph? I know nothing about oak disease/ response.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

In my years as a Baumpfleger in Germany, I worked with many a Tree Consultant they love tools like the resistograph. Germans are more liability oriented than American will ever be.

Get a landscaper to cut off all the lower branches, an arborist to remove the dead wood, and a consultant to remove the top 25%

to be honest mate I wouldn't think that it would cause to much further trouble as the hole is so small.
Its exactly as treetx said, over here someone has liability and its enforced so using tools like a resistograph gives solid evidence and an ass covering of sorts.
some companies would see the fungi and holes and automatically say that a 25 % reduction has to be carried out so that they are see to have taken action to cover there bums .
These oaks were just over thirty meters so 110 foot and probably over a hundred years old therefore a butchering of the crown is the last thing i want to see.
now that i have climbed and inspected the liability goes on me and the company i work for so its better to go a bit further for peace of mind and interest also.

the system over here is very hard to explain but i think you summed it up tree tx

Finally seen it Jesse :) good vid and cool work. Kinda miss European work but sure I'd miss the work here if i leave here. How long you in Germany for?

yeah mate cool , have you done a bit of work over here?.
I've been living with the mrs going on two years and ill probably hang around for another year or two until she finishes her uni.

Im considering aussie if i don't go back to nz jake :lol:
ill come play in some nice eucs.

Yeh man, I'm UK boy born n bred but moved out 2 n half year ago. Done a lot of European work, they don't get it here in melbourne, but I see both sides of the work and think they both have pros and cons. Your missus German the yeah?

yeah i know what ya mean mate , its different priorities and cultures .
I think auz and nz are quite similar.

yup she's german bro , keeps me organised and on my toes :|:

Back