Cat Rescue Videos

pantheraba

More biners!!!
I am starting to record some of these rescues. Unfortunately, I missed recording the best two over the last year...one the cat dove out of the tree at 75 feet. I caught it by the tail, fought with it (two bites and one pi$$ed off Gary) and managed to not kill it before I got it in the bucket...did not have a helmet camera then. On the other good one, I cut the top out of the tree with the cat in it...battery had died.

This rescue isn't so dramatic...although the cat's name had me concerned...Sir Bites A Lot.:lol:

He ended up being a real pussy cat...which is fine with me. He was in a 50 foot hardwood overshadowed by 90-100 foot hardwoods...I tried for a tie in with a different tree but couldn't get a TIP set that I could use. One good TIP I did get set was apparently at 90 feet..my 150 foot rope came up way short. l ended up climbing the cat's tree..luckily he didn't go higher as I climbed up. I did get to try a new trick...made a bag with a glove sewn into it...worked well this time. It may replace the big trash can I have been using.

2.5 hours, $260...decent wages.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vzMOs-NPBH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol at the name. Great outcome all around!

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hahaa...yeah!! Heroes all!! Biggest worry was the big black hound dog wandering in that big fenced area..looked like Jed Clampett's hound...probably would have licked me to death. :lol:

Attachments

• mule-iest_womenfolk.jpg
    mule-iest_womenfolk.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 50
Run with it, Gary. It'll make a great video series.

Peter "Treeman" Jenkins actually wrote a collection of short stories about Cat Rescues. I have a few stories of my own, but just stories, no helmet cam back in those days. I had jumpers, some high anxiety kitties, and some pussy cats.

I never really made much for the effort though and eventually I gave up on taking on anymore kitty rescues. But nonetheless each one was such a unique experience that I will never forget them. Funny.

I have a few stories of my own, but just stories, no helmet cam back in those days. I had jumpers, some high anxiety kitties, and some pussy cats.

I never really made much for the effort though and eventually I gave up on taking on anymore kitty rescues. But nonetheless each one was such a unique experience that I will never forget them. Funny.

Unique experience is a good way to put it...cats can interject a large dose of WTF in a hurry, sometimes just by laying those ears back and hissing.:lol:

Makes it pretty interesting at times.

Yes, my blinding speed with the grab was just....not. :) But there is a moment when I don't know if the cat is going to explode or just go with the flow...Sir Bites a Lot ended up being a perfect gentleman...after hissing and baring his fangs at me when I first got close to him. :O

Here is one I did last week. I got a call on a Tuesday from a lady about 35 miles away. The price I quoted was too high for her so I did not expect to hear from her again. I did not...instead I heard from PETA! They called and said they wanted my price to rescue a cat, described the cat site, address, etc. I realized it was the same cat from the day before...the owner got creative and asked PETA to help. PETA said they had to do some comparison shopping and they did and then called back to say, Do it".

I did the rescue, PETA is mailing my check tomorrow. It's a crazy world.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fpxOzXpZpmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X0PTw0cZAFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice work Gary- certified smooth operator 8).

Your right its a crazy world, its funny how she didn't like the price yet there's an organization out there willing to foot her bill. If she genuinely couldn't afford it then fair play, if not then I wouldn't be hangin around for any chit chat- that's just me bein me.

I talked to a PETA gal today....she said they try to get some reimbursement from the people they do rescues for...but I bet they don't get much of it back.

Back