Free Shipping on Branch Manager Grapples

I was moving logs today thinking about this. The dangle grapple is very versatile. I've only seen a bucket grapple in operation, never run one. I think a lot will depend on your job sites.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use my root grapple a good bit on my track loader. For the most part, I only use it in yards after storms though. That's due to the tracked machine, not so much the grapple. I have plans to get a dangle grapple for it.

http://youtu.be/Eq487flTHaA

Do you like that rake? The quick attach brand rake has always caught my attention.

Just to clarify, it's not a rake, which has short bottom tines like a bull dozer's root rake (low volume for brush and big logs).

Regarding that root grapple, I've beat the snot out of it and is still doing great. It's made by Blue Diamond. I wanted the xl version (longer floor and taller opening) but they didn't have one ready and I needed something soon.

Thanks, any input on the quick attach design? They aren't cheap but seem well constructed

Personally I'm not a QA fan... They remind me of Walmart. I'll check it out and let you know my thoughts though.

I was reading about the bmg, does it have a receiver hitch built into it for moving trailers, etc?

Yes, both the HD and regular BMGs come with a receiver hitch.

ETA. Fair point. The receiver plugs into the bottom of the grapple. It's included, but not built in.

Got a picture?

And a pic of the unit similar to Squishes pic in post #6 would be nice

Yeah it is. I'm setting a reminder to look for your picture in the morning, Cory. I plumb forgot about it yesterday.

ETA:

The pictures on the product page don't suffice, correct?

Those pics are at a distance, not up close like Squish's.

6:19. The was the original prototype. The current models have 1.25" pins vs 1" bolts, a piece of square tubing across the top of the front of the mounting plate instead of the flat bar, and the two plates on the end of the hanger have pushing dogs cut into them for pushing trees.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eS6UU9jRWjU?list=UUGDWFAKthwjjMw3TEJvKcNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm under the weather, took this picture a couple days ago... here's the HD BMG Receiver.

It slides like that into the bottom of the HD BMG's hanger
IMG_0590.jpg

So thats a bollard. Can you put a trailer hitch in there?

Cory, it's a reciever for a ball insert that a hitch would hook to.

The bollard is on the right side of the frame/arm of the BMG at the 90 degree bend.

Back