Free Shipping on Branch Manager Grapples

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CONUS, but I'll pay a chunk Of shipping elsewhere.

You've got me curious about how much shipping up there would be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shipping to a random postal code I pulled for Vernon, V1T9V7, would cost about $105

No. I've got a bmg, but it's got close to a couple thousand hard hrs on it. I've been thinking about replacing it. Still works fine but I've tweaked the ends of the grapple a few times now. Road hard and put away wet. Carl can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I recall the newer ones are beefier.

image.jpg

I think wider capacity on the new ones by a few inches. There is a plate at the tip where your is open on the side.

Was that an isolated incident to damage that tip, or just cumulative impact?

It was an isolated incident that has happened a few times over the years. I go blacksmith on it to fix it. Heat and beat.

I don't lack on the views from my place that's for sure. We ride that hillside a ton by horseback, no trailering.

I'm thinking about scoops at some point.

I think maybe Fred FJR had a mod for the grapple for quick attach/ detach.

I see squish's head is a dangle, what about the new ones, dangle or rotator? Ive never run one, I can imaging the advantages of each, but just wondering.

I'm thinking about scoops at some point.

I think maybe Fred FJR had a mod for the grapple for quick attach/ detach.

That's why I'm thinking about a new grapple. I suspect the scoops won't fit well on mine. My one side of the grapple I had to shorten a bit during a previous repair.

Ok, I see they are all dangle. How does that work out for y'all vs rotator. How wide does the grapple open?

The dangle is easy to use, for me. I have zero issue finessing it into place. A rotator would take away to much capacity on a mini and require another circuit I'd think.

Never used a rotator. I like the swing. Might just be what I'm used to...

seems like a rotator would require a lot more lever action while trying to position a load and drive the machine.

I might try one of these, though I have a grapple bucket which seems awesome. It does all the grapple does plus you can lift high a man with pole saw/powerpruner, move a ton of mats, rake, remove stump grindings, carry small firewood, dig, the move trailers/chippers/tow-behind stumpers with it. Pushing/pulling trees, stuffing a chipper, moving long logs, it does all that basic stuff like nothing.

Idk, never used one, but the bucket stuffs it from any and every angle. I suspect a grapple has less of a learning curve to it, compared to a grapple bucket

a rotator would probably suck up some lifting height, too.

Not hard to use the swivel, and sometimes it drags itself where you want it to drag, thereby keeping you from having to manipulate another control while moving, like if you're not fully lifting the load, but dragging somewhat out the back.

Sometimes the rotator would be better, but not a big deal without it.

Idk, never used one, but the bucket stuffs it from any and every angle. I suspect a grapple has less of a learning curve to it, compared to a grapple bucket

I'm really having a hard time envisioning a bucket grapple stuffing a chip. The bmg can drag whatever the capacity of the machine it's on will handle. I drag backwards to the tray, turn the machine 90-180 as I'm near the tray and if you've grabbed the butts long enough you just jam them into the feed wheels. One man chipping never get off the machine.

I'd like a brush rake with top clamp, I'm sure not as easy to load but occasionally it would be the proper tool

Bmg, essentially turns a mini into a grapple skidder. I'm always amazed what I can drag with that sucker. I've often thought the bmg rake and scoops along with the grapple would be slick.

Willie, I open my grapple all the way and lay it down flat on the ground and use it to rake/bunch smaller bits into piles large enough to grab or stuff in garbage cans. It actually does surprisingly little impact.

And everyone must know the handle of a garbage can will hang perfectly on the porty pin on the bmg saving packing cans.

Back