Dyneema double braid?

flushcut

TreeHouser
Anybody use that rope from TreeStuff, Allgear makes it? It really has good numbers 18k or something like that for a 9/16". And with their sale going on 300' has my name on it and I'm looking for some feedback. I wanna make a big block and tackle set up and as a lifting line with the GRCS.

I've only used the 5/8" and 3/4" Husky All-Gear rope. I've been happy with both. The rope you're looking at looks sweet, might as well take advantage of the 14% off!

Yeah, Rajan: if you're in the market for some lowering stuff, I would definitely be excited to give Dyneema stuff a try. All the new polymer stuff is getting so astonishing with what it can hold. I always wanted to get the Dyneema chipper-winch-line stuff (the thick stuff) and try to make some block and pory slings on it to try to right the world off it. Kinda an inbred activity... but still....

I've been using it in 9/16 and 5/8. Kick ass rope, at a great price imo.

Sorry my bad. It's the husky double braid I've been using, still all gear, not the dyneema though.

Last edited:
I have 3oo feet of this rope and bought it specifically for pulling. Remarkably low stretch. What you pull is what you pull.
Also like that in chance of it snapping there is very low recoil.
lastly,the weight is far less than poly or nylon so when We drag it through a crown I ahve energy to spare. Basically it has retired my 3/4 double braid for most every situation even in dynamic situation. Just need to use the whole lenght and build it into the rigging mast.

flushcut. I use a very similar line, DSComposite by PSRope. I can probably get it for you even cheaper than that, but shipping from Seattle might be too much. Let me know if you'd like me to check into it for you. Or call Ben at Dantrawl.com. They'll spice it for you as well.

Edit, guess I'm too late in trying to save ya some $. I'm due for a new line, as mine was stolen. I'll be surprised if it costs more than 1.50 a foot. For a point of reference, I just got more 1/2" poly double braid for .63/foot....coated. just like Samson's product, which is .89, non sale price at Tree Stuff.

I have 3oo feet of this rope and bought it specifically for pulling. Remarkably low stretch. What you pull is what you pull.
Also like that in chance of it snapping there is very low recoil.
lastly,the weight is far less than poly or nylon so when We drag it through a crown I ahve energy to spare. Basically it has retired my 3/4 double braid for most every situation even in dynamic situation. Just need to use the whole lenght and build it into the rigging mast.

I'd not suggest you use any HMWPE line for any shockloading application, like negative blocking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
flushcut. I use a very similar line, DSComposite by PSRope. I can probably get it for you even cheaper than that, but shipping from Seattle might be too much. Let me know if you'd like me to check into it for you. Or call Ben at Dantrawl.com. They'll spice it for you as well.

Edit, guess I'm too late in trying to save ya some $. I'm due for a new line, as mine was stolen. I'll be surprised if it costs more than 1.50 a foot. For a point of reference, I just got more 1/2" poly double braid for .63/foot....coated. just like Samson's product, which is .89, non sale price at Tree Stuff.

Thank you for the offer but, well, next time! Dayum buck fiddy a foot!

Thank you for the offer but, well, next time! Dayum buck fiddy a foot!

I've known Dan Trawl's Ben for years....... they do huge volume work--building nets and lines for our huge fishing industry. And pretty much exclusively use PS Rope as their rope supplier. And offer great prices to little fellas like me....splicing is cheap as well. I couldn't find their bill in my mess, but they just made me 3 25 foot crane slings, (also will work for spider leg rigging) out of 1/2 and 9/16th DS Composite. Except I forgot to tell them I only needed one eye in each...and they did two.....so I gotta cut off one end....might cut one in the middle to make two lanyards or some such.....and still only charged ~$45 per sling!

That said, I'm about to place an order with Tree Stuff.... 14% off...... and they are still running a 20% sale on three Sterling products.. so I'm going to try out their Tendril climb line......

Please tell me about this 14% discount everyone keeps mentioning. I got a mailer from TreeStuff about the 20% off of some select rigging gear, but I'm not remembering anything about a 14% off promotion. Thanks in advance for any answer you give.

Tim

Please tell me about this 14% discount everyone keeps mentioning. I got a mailer from TreeStuff about the 20% off of some select rigging gear, but I'm not remembering anything about a 14% off promotion. Thanks in advance for any answer you give.

Tim

Check the site and click on the panel that says SALE!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rajan, dont negative rig on that stuff. it will work...until it doesnt.

Oh hell no! I have enough Stable braid and a replacement 1/2" on the way in the same order. I intend to use it for pulling, lifting, and MA systems.

More stolen gear?! Where do you keep this stuff? Brooklyn?

Yah, that's crazy Roger. I hate to say it but man by this point I'd put all my gear in a big pile and sleep on it like a dragon ready to breath lead fire down upon anyone who dared take a piece of it.

"Please tell me about this 14% discount everyone keeps mentioning."

Came to me on email, internet orders till Sun night or Mon.

Till Mon midnight Pacific time. Use code "THANKS". Few companies are excluded, sure it's listed on TS.

Check the site and click on the panel that says SALE!

Thanks Merle, Thanks Nick! Much appreciated! I don't check my e-mail nearly often enough. This forum is the best!

Tim

Originally posted by rbtree: "That said, I'm about to place an order with Tree Stuff.... 14% off...... and they are still running a 20% sale on three Sterling products.. so I'm going to try out their Tendril climb line......"

OK, so rbtree, (your name is Roger, right?) I really owe you the biggest thanks of all for bringing up the fact of the 14% discount, as I never would have known about it otherwise, I'm guessing. So thanks for the mention.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread with my continuing discussion of this TreeStuff sale, but to me this is huge news, and because of the short duration of the sale, I think it's important to let other forum members know of it. It seems to me to rate its own thread under the "Announcements" heading, seeing as TreeStuff is this site's only sponsor.

Thanks again to Roger, Merle and Nick Bonner. As a result of my knowledge of this sale, I'm shortly to be the new, proud owner of Nick's APTA, among a few other small items. I really look forward to using it.

Tim

Back