I love chipping.

Just heard of a bandit 250 for sale. Guy is gonna let me test it out for a few days. I didn't want another used one but if it's decent I just might. Tough time of year to buy equipmnent.

Yes I've run them with the 4 cyl ford engine. It'll make you money. And beat your ass raw. And the side of your face for good measure. No but seriously, if its super cheap, buy it and let it earn you the money towards your next step up the chipper ladder.

Face screen. Feed from the side. Make money. Upgrade as needed.

Yes I've run them with the 4 cyl ford engine. It'll make you money. And beat your ass raw. And the side of your face for good measure. No but seriously, if its super cheap, buy it and let it earn you the money towards your next step up the chipper ladder.
Is that 4 cyl the 2.3L Ford / Mazda gas engine? Had one in a little pickup in the early '80s, tough couldn't kill it...fenders fell off first.
Heard the 2.3 was modified with a steel crankshaft for marine use.

I remember Ford 4 cyl diesels in the old C4 skidders.....

I've got a Ingersoll compressor with the 2.3l Ford industrial, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

While a good auto parts guy can match up maintaince items, some of the stuff on it is Ford Industrial dealer only.....it'll leave a mark when they bend you over...

Ed

I've got a Ingersoll compressor with the 2.3l Ford industrial, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

While a good auto parts guy can match up maintaince items, some of the stuff on it is Ford Industrial dealer only.....it'll leave a mark when they bend you over...

Ed
Yeah I heard the same thing from a few John Deere skidder owners who I felled timber for.
Lots of Deere farm tractor parts fit and the price was 1/2 as much at the farm supply dealer then it was at the commercial John Deere supply.

Thanks for all the post on my chipper question.
The guy never called me back,will try again tomarrow.

Get one as soon as you can. The neighbours will take you more seriously, helps validate you as a real tree co.
Plus all the noise gets them to look out the window to see who is working.

You're a true treeman Cory. Man, your thread reads like a piece of poetry to me.

It often amazes me that guys in our trade to not emphasize the "free workout" element of our trade more. I've got friends who literally spend thousands to get the mere opportunity of having the same work that we get PAID to do. But we're not on some gay treadmill. We're paid to have fun and make some NOISE.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha, good stuff. It's like those tree tees Ive seen, " Your backyard is our gym"

Back