I love chipping.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Yup. Not kidding. Just saying.

Not crazy about dragging or raking, but stuffing a chipper with as much as possible as fast as possible, and seeing all that nasty brush and logs turn instantly into like a huge, thick, wooden laser beam of chips coming out of the discharge chute and ending up in a nice, easily disposed of pile in the truck, it's fun.

I think its a good workout too. Involves some strength and leverage and foot work. You want to give each piece or pile the minimum of effort to get it into the feed wheels, so it's a mental challenge to go with the physical.

I think anyone who has spent time cutting, loading and unloading brush will always have a place in his heart for chipping.
I'm due a new chipper in the new year, I can think of little else!

Man I need my own chipper
Hate renting/not owning one!!!!
I been lookin at ones on craigs but I'm gonna wait till after xmas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still remember the very first time I chipped brush, with a big ol Vermeer 1600 chuck and duck, a machine with a deafening, high pitched whine to it. I definitely marveled at how it made the brush disappear. A few years later it ate a few of my bosses finger tips as he was reaching into the base of the chute area to unclog it, not realizing the drum was still turning oh so slowly..

Yup they so bite. My first was a Fitchburg chuck and duck, same whine, I got it for a pasture reclaim job full of 10ft tall maples.

10' tall maples, the perfect fodder.

Imagine how much you would love it if you had a cone head!

I recently had a couple of climbers come down who we met at Jambo. They were contract climbers so had worked around big choppers from all the manufacturers. They were in awe of the cone head, said it out chipped anything they had seen.
I want to add a conveyor to the bottom feed tray so when loading it with the crane it just sucks stuff into the feed wheels

First chipper I ever saw and used was in '69, my boss was subbing on a big job at the botanical gardens. Some sort of chuck & duck with a V8, I loved it.

Then it was back to cut and load, or load and cut in until '95 when I bought my first one. Never loaded a truck since, except for palms. I love chippers.8)

Yes, chipping still feels good mentally. I see the 88 ford 250 drive by in my head with brush bucked in the back. As soon as it drives through my mind I just gently rub the feed bar of the chipper with loving hands.

I had an 88 f250, nice looking truck but kind of a lemon. Silverado baby!:thumbup:

I bought used too, early 90's. One more reason not to buy used imo

I had a 65 hp tracked "arbor eater" I wished I'd taken some pictures. It was magnificent, for a European machine.
One night I left it on the trailer in the yard, next day it was gone, I was gutted.
I put an ad in the local paper offering a reward of a 1000 quid.
Next day the thief called (pretending to be an innocent party) asking for the reward.
"Fine" says I, we arranged to meet a good 30 miles from my place.
I took three mates and we took it back right under his nose.
We got his number plate and the fuzz said that he was a habitual equipment/trailer thief.
Happy days.

Fuk up dat bloke

One of those time where it would be worth the bastard doing the deed just so you could catch him.

Chipping does not sound too bad. I would help youse guys out if you were closer! Maybe I could work of some of that gut 'eh Cory?:)

Back