Tekichu Throwline Launcher

Nice review, Nick. You're saying that the quick release came on the tool but it doesn't work in stock form? Seems odd.

Apta will blow that thing out of the water.........no pun intended

Nice review, Nick. You're saying that the quick release came on the tool but it doesn't work in stock form? Seems odd.

Hey, Woodworkingboy, I own some of those really nice stainless steel quick release shackles. I think they come from the marine equipment supply industry. The impression I get is that they are not an original part of the product that Nick is demonstrating. It's something he added on his own to allow more control when it comes time to take the shot. It seems like he may have used a prussic hitch with some Zing-It or something similar to hold the quick-release shackle to the handle. Those quick release shackles come in various sizes, so maybe he just needs to get a slightly bigger one. They are pricey, though, so maybe his work-around will be cheaper and work just as well. Those shackles are absolutely beautiful pieces of gear.

Tim

Apta will blow that thing out of the water.........no pun intended

I can see this, especially with Sherrill being Corporate.

The APTA is great with the non-temperature dependent launch.

I like the ability to trim it down and fold it up.

A couple years ago there was some Sidewinder launcher that was similar to this.

Personally, like hard to pronounce Asian names, I think an "English name" would be easier to pronounce (and more importantly type when searching for it).

Ten times better seems hyperbolous but I like the fold down feature and simple band attachment.

When I first saw that Techichu thing listed on TreeStuff, it underwhelmed me, but Nick's review of it is really positive.

When I first saw that Techichu thing listed on TreeStuff, it underwhelmed me, but Nick's review of it is really positive.

That's my thought as well....starting to like it.

Nick, any chance of a video with it being shot a few times? I keep visualizing the tubing jumping off the hooks every couple of shots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realized after I posted it that there should be some clips of me shooting with it. I'm gonna make that happen this week. Let me know if you think it needs anything else.

love
nick

Haha, yep, IRA supplier for Africa! Some of you meet Irish Joe a few years back. He likes to take trips down there and teach climbing, study butterflies and monkeys and who knows what else. He borrowed mine to take since the one he ordered didn't come soon enough. Told him I didn't want to see him for at least 3 weeks after he gets home!

I realized after I posted it that there should be some clips of me shooting with it. I'm gonna make that happen this week. Let me know if you think it needs anything else.

love
nick

Would like to know if it shoots father than big shot.........;)

I doubt it will. But the fact it folds to a slimmer profile is huge. You wanna shoot higher? Get a reel, some fishing line and a lead weight. Or a cross bow.

Back