? Help what would you do?

flushcut

TreeHouser
So here it is. I delivered a log truck load 8.25 cords of slab wood to a friend and originally he wanted a load of logs for his wood stove. He was out of the country so I asked his wife to call him and ask if the slab wood would be acceptable. She told me that she had made the call and to go ahead and bring the wood. Now he gets back and does not want to pay for it at the agreed upon price. Bear in mind he was a very bad back and I was just the middle man in between my buddy with the wood and log truck and the HO, and this property is an hour and ten north of me. What to do?

The sides cut off of logs at sawmill. Part bark, part wood.

Thanks Cory. So does the guy feel slighted because he got more bark and less wood then he should have?

Have your buddy cough up the money. It's a shitty situation but he agreed, sight unseen. He accepted a deal that offers no returns. He made a decision. Get on him to cough up the money and get ready to part ways. He is giving you the bone, brace yourself to offer the same back.

I read it again. Yes the agreed up on price. Not a nickel less. Did he ask to see a picture of the load? This is the age Of camera phones. He had options, he struck a deal without using any discretion, its time to pay and I would get ready for war.

Give me his contact info, I'd be happy to get the ball rolling.

Good luck...hope they pay up with little difficulty on your part.

I agree with Tucker, he should pay in full and could easily have requested a pic of the load.

Bad back has nothing to do with the situation. Slab wood is easier to prepare for a stove than logs.

I've run into several couples who play the he/she mis-communication game to screw folks. Hope this isn't the case here. Decide which one you are dealing with and deal only with that one, or bite the bullet, take the drive and meet face to face with both if it doesn't get resolved in one more call.

Very disappointing when those we consider friends let us down in the honor dept.

My opinion on this subject is that the amount of BTUs in the slab wood will be far less than the number of BTUs he would have received from an equal amount of firewood. The slab wood will also generate a lot more ash, making furnace cleaning labor intensive. Slab wood prices are generally lower than cordwood, for a reason.

I have a sawmill here at the house. I've burned the slab wood in my own furnace, and I hate it. What a mess. It's all ash.

It's a lot of work to haul in wood and haul out the ashes. I much prefer to haul in something that will generate heat....not ash.

Just my thoughts.

Joel

What is his beef?

Is it the price, or price versus product?

Does he owe you or someone else at this point?

How much for a truckload of slab wood versus logs? How much value is is lost to bark compared to saved with no splitting?

How good of a friend? What's his side of the story?

However you sort out the money aspect you need to choose friends with more discernment.

My opinion on this subject is that the amount of BTUs in the slab wood will be far less than the number of BTUs he would have received from an equal amount of firewood. The slab wood will also generate a lot more ash, making furnace cleaning labor intensive. Slab wood prices are generally lower than cordwood, for a reason.

I have a sawmill here at the house. I've burned the slab wood in my own furnace, and I hate it. What a mess. It's all ash.

It's a lot of work to haul in wood and haul out the ashes. I much prefer to haul in something that will generate heat....not ash.

Just my thoughts.

Joel

If that's the case then you shouldn't orde or accept a load of slab wood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
However you sort out the money aspect you need to choose friends with more discernment.

Amen! This guy is one of those guys you help out once and they think you'll do it forever. Pain in my ass! I have only known him for 18 years.

Crikey, that escalated quickly!
Quick! everyone pick up their pitchforks and torches and head to the castle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 46
It didn't escalate Mick. Some gents urged it to escalate. But it hasn't. Not as of 19 hours ago anyhow.

Back