Gear storage

Page

TreeHouser
I was at my sister in laws work the other week getting this things before they demo'ed the building and got a bunch of heavy duty waterproof instrument cases with extendable handles and wheels. I started keeping gear in them. Got one for rigging, climbing, ropes, etc. just pull them out of the truck and wheel them up to the tree. They are pretty sweet image.jpg

I have used similar before...a good way to compartmentalize gear. Protects it from gas, oil, sharp things, too.

I use this giant bucket, it all goes in there, harness, flip line, ropes etc, works for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 134
If it works for you then great! I prefer a lockable bolted to truck bed tool box or in the cab, mostly in bags.

Lockable job box has been a blessing for me gear wise. My only issue ever has been when I have not been able to put gear back in because of the amount of chips I have blown into the truck as it is bolted to the headboard and can get buried. Usually not so big a deal as most gear is stowed before the truck is full. It does lessen my chip capacity but having all my gear on the truck is priceless often.

I purchased a 6x12 tandem axle enclosed trailer. It's well-used, but in good shape. I keep all of my tree gear in the trailer. The trailer houses my hedge trimming gear, weed trimmer, blower, rakes, shovels, climbing gear, saws, gas cans, bar oil, etc.

Along one side of the trailer I mounted a pickup toolbox that I use for storing my ropes, rigging gear, climbing gear, throw lines, weights, etc. All of my climbing and rigging gear is stored in bags that I can quickly pull out of that toolbox. The aluminum toolbox protects the ropes and saddle from getting nicked up by saw chain or the hedge trimmers, as well protection from gas and oil.

The trailer idea isn't for everyone, but it sure makes my life easier, due to the fact that some of my tree jobs are more than 40 miles from home. It's a real pain to find out that I've forgotten something when I'm that far from home.

Joel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All the boxes lock. Right now they are in the back of my pick up. I have a large saw bin on the big truck and will probably get another, but I also want to make a angle iron framed spot where the cases slide into. We shall see. It started as temp storage till I fab up a box for the truck but I kinda like it

Storage boxes ain't shit if you don't have the right lock and locking configuration.

61u9gbg44KL._SX522_.jpg

....sorry no pics. Made a long narrow rugged wood box that holds four or five saws. Also a large Pelican that holds climb and simple rigging safe and dry.

This is the modern version of the universal key. Sadly much more efficient & versatile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 72
....currently I don't bother with padlocks.... Boxes are so heavy a criminal would need help and another truck... To piece out my gear would put criminal in bed of truck at which point is an easy shot

I used to wash my in my Maytag, but I think doing that brought on its early demise. Nowadays, I blast em at the car wash.

Back