How windy is too windy to climb?

hahaha...great line, Stephen...crazy cats for sure. FFZ, you'd best hope this cat by-passes your oil fields..it's nutz.

Regarding wind, a good question is how high on the tree are you working. High wind won't make me think twice if I'm just doing some work close to big wood in the tree. It's getting up on the little stuff that will make me weigh my options. I hate bucket work in the wind too. Bucket swaying so hard an tree swaying too. Hard to keep your saw in the cut sometimes.

Yep, that was the problem, small wood in the top. Once I dumped the first lead I felt better since I had taken some weight and "sail effect" out of the equation. I still had some concern about how the spar would react to my belaying of the top being dumped but I don't remember any particular reaction as the top was caught.

I had my gopro knockoff camera but the battery went dead before I started the climb...would have been a good video.

I'd expect them to frown on cutting the leader with the cat on it also.:) I think that pegging kitty with the APTA would be "humane".

Because it was not their cat, feral as far as we knew, they didn't get all hinky about dumping the top with kitty in it...I had already told them it might be necessary. In all honesty, knowing they were not so emotionally invested in the cat made it easier for me to drop the top...the idea has crossed my mind before but this was a perfect alignment of events to make it the best thing for me to do...my story and I am sticking to it. :D

Solid story, too...I'd have done exactly the same, Gary. Or aimed the APTA...or in my case, the BigShot loaded with the silver dildo :D.

I think I could make a convincing argument for the feline safety factor built into a shot bag. The silver bullet seems harder to defend....esp. if it leaves a 1.25 inch diameter hole in kitty's chest.

Back