Grove AT635E

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just changed my oil and filter, I need to call him and see what trans he has. I bought an allison 740 which I want to put on mine with a spicer 738 transfer case but need to figure out how to run the 3 pumps. I was quoted $14K to rebuild mine, $38K new:O If I get the 740 in there I could then turn up the juice on the 6ct as mine is horribly underpowered..

Not sure but his is not from uk. Somewhere between 5k-12 I think to rebuild. Picks it up tomorrow

He told me yours is very common in uk but not here.

Since he is in deep he is replacing other things to which would be hard to get to as well.

With the crane knocking out more production, are you able to get more sales to keep things flowing?

It'll be nice when things get busy to be able to handle more volume instead of letting some jobs go cuz you can't get to them in time.

How many on your crew now, 2 or 3?

Is short jacking, like in your pic, a little spooky? God forbid if you mistakenly swung to that side.

Thats the first time I have done it, but I felt fine about it as there was no need to swing that side.

One thing I can say is I haven't dropped my prices this winter. Yesterday we did a short day and made $1800 which for me is a good day rate in the summer!

Oh yeah that pic of the sycamore log we did chip it all but the last 4' which we left in the chipper till we got back to the shop.

Good news on the prices!!

So the cone head is not afraid of large, hard, hardwood. Nice.

Nice crane!!! I've done a bit of work with this Grove lately.

Attachments

• 20140915_104439.jpg
    20140915_104439.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20141029_095053.jpg
    20141029_095053.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 73
  • 20140630_085313.jpg
    20140630_085313.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 73
Cranes rule.

Paul, having used yours a lot now, getting the feel for owning one full time for tree work, do you see yourself getting a bigger one or a different one in the future or is this one plenty good for the foreseeable future

I think this is the crane for me. It is highly maneuverable and compact and seems to be very rugged. I saw another AT crane the other day which was similar to mine, having 4 wheels and crab steer etc but had a 5 section boom with 110' of stick. I was curious so looked for prices and found one in Europe with 16,000 hours, a 2003, it was $400,000:O Think Ill stick with mine.

I run all older equipment so this crane fits right in:)

Excellent. Did road speed turn out be not a big deal?

I have a very small work area. However I notice a lot of very angry drivers passing me but Im developing thicker skin:lol: I try to move it during low traffic times.

Agin I say ........ Sing it Proud Paul :lol:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ePjFAZKWKVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back