Grove AT635E

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
90' stick so 100' TIP. That was a big tree, doesn't look it in the picture but that pick was 4800. We were close to the tree so the crane was good for a bunch but our big limiting factor is the winch is only good for 6600 on a single line....

We are figuring it out as we go....

Robbie is running it and doing a damn good job BTW

Are you skeered to swing that jib?.......you can pick more safely with more tip height , then remove when you get to bigger wood.

Practice a two part line to soon.....

John, yes we are skired of the jib. We need to take a day and play with it and setting up a 2 part line. Just bought a Skookum just for it. We are so slammed with work its hard to take the time but I really need to get it into my shop and change all the fluids and filters and try to fix some leaks...

This thing will make me money I believe but right now its running me ragged...

That jib is stout on that crane. Many times it is safe to have extra tip height for balancing sections correctly. We swung jib on similar crane yesterday and pulled tele for three picks.

People are gunshy of the jib cause they don't read the chart, or don't want to spend 15 minutes putting it on.

Isn't there some kind of computer readout that tells you what your lifting capacity is with the boom angle and jib on. The jib really can make a difference with that little more reach for sure.

There is a weatherproof chart riveted to the crane that tells you what it can handle according to the angle of the boom.

Funny related story about reading the chart. My son's boss rented a Lull (extendable boom fork lift) for a construction job. Monday morning he decides he is going to pick a full stack of 2x10 lumber and set it up on the second story. My son said he had reservations but decided it wasn't his call. (Boss can be a jerk) Started booming out and stood it up on its nose. The hydraulics wouldn't do anything anymore due to the severe angle. Had to call the rental co. Oooops, shoulda read that chart.

Chart for the boom and a chart for the jib. ALWAYS stay on the chart. That's one nice looking rig PCTree but they turn ugly fast on their side. Never ever become complacent. Best of luck to ya.

Pretty sure you reset the computer to how much jib you have on....then roll.

Do not fear the jib

Yesterday was our first time working over a house....

1.jpg

I need to take a break today as I feel fried, been stressful figuring out our system...

Looked on my phone and this is all I got.... Pretty terrible pics
First time we put the jib on
1.jpg
This is why I like this crane, back right up in the yard to reach over house.....
2.jpg

Back