Grove AT635E

Makes sense Kyle. I did commercial construction and it was rare we had a job site that was longer than 4 months. That one with the lattice crane was a hospital that took 2 years for the iron. Done in phases of course.

Paul,

I just had the bulb start to flicker above my head, somehow, out of no-where.

I wonder how roll-out cribbing might work for a mini-loader to gain traction and disperse ground pressure/ turf damage on wet slopes. Sliding sideways on a wet cross-slope could be disasterous, while accessing an area with the chipper could frequently result in less material moving by chipping into the woods/ mulch piles.

Any thought? What does it do best for you? Any design considerations that you ran into? Do you use them for your wheel-loader?

I'm thinking that a trial-run might be 2x4s ripped in half, using some cheap 900-pound tensile, accessory cord from Home Depot.

Do you have a knot, like an overhand-on-a-bight separating the rungs?
Do you ever anchor yours to the ground?
What lengths are you using?

Love our roll out road, look at the state of this driveway! No damage

View attachment 70124View attachment 70125

Post #560. Here's a good picture, for people's reference.
I see you used overhand knots.

OK so for me this is a big commitment!! Just pulled the trigger on this crane....

http://cranenetwork.com/details?equ...ue&auction_rent=all&country=&state=&id=180064

I as always was looking for a real cheap, i.e. sub $30k crane but saw this baby and fell in love. It is a BULL of a crane and the best part is the 11' wheelbase with crab steering and 4X4 we should be able to get in some tight spots. Kinda worried about impact to driveways as it is 53,000lbs .

I have been renting a BT3470 for years which is a 17 ton crane with 70' of stick so this 35 ton with 90' stick should be a dream!!

Now I have to figure out how to run it AND get a climber:/: I have 2 years to get certified as by Sept 2017 every operator will be required to be.

A new and exciting chapter.....

Now I can finally get fat:lol:

An interesting perspective over time! A great opening post. #1!

Back