Grove AT635E

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK so for me this is a big commitment!! Just pulled the trigger on this crane....

http://cranenetwork.com/details?equ...ue&auction_rent=all&country=&state=&id=180064

I as always was looking for a real cheap, i.e. sub $30k crane but saw this baby and fell in love. It is a BULL of a crane and the best part is the 11' wheelbase with crab steering and 4X4 we should be able to get in some tight spots. Kinda worried about impact to driveways as it is 53,000lbs .

I have been renting a BT3470 for years which is a 17 ton crane with 70' of stick so this 35 ton with 90' stick should be a dream!!

Now I have to figure out how to run it AND get a climber:/: I have 2 years to get certified as by Sept 2017 every operator will be required to be.

A new and exciting chapter.....

Now I can finally get fat:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Terrible video but this gives you some idea of the cranes versatility

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2GzSYr0ozPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice crane! I'm jealous. I have a bridge to put in behind my barn, and this would do the trick. You might be right about the weight. Some cities have weight limits in place on their city streets, so you'll need to check all of that out before taking it to a job site.......but what a crane! Love it.

Joel

Congrats!!

That baby will keep your mechanical and engineering brain razor sharp.

Yeah that should be awesome compared to the crane you've been using.

How far do you travel for tree jobs?

Nothing like having brute mechanical muscle on your side;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory I work about 90% of the time within 10 miles of my shop so the 45mph top speed shouldn't be too bad.

Joel I have to pay a $500 annual overweight permit and will have a N8R restriction. I have a list of all the bridges I am not allowed to cross and there are none that I normally travel.

My biggest reservation is the trans, an 8 speed auto by ZF. An Italian company I believe and in one add I read they said they just replaced it to the cost of $38k:O I will be putting some very high quality synthetic trans fluid in it and a bypass filter as soon as it shows up....

Good deal! Looks like a capable unit and not too damn long either.

As far as I know, ZF is a German company, and a reputable one at that. I would not be afraid of ZF parts at all, except for cost, but then again everything is expensive when it comes to parts. Most of your automatics are pretty good these days. A full fluid exchange will be quite expensive but well worth the time. Axles, trans, ect. Then you know where you stand, and can see some problems coming. On a big investment like this one, a fluid sampling program can be money well spent. Sorta like seeing the train coming before you get run over.

The Cummins engine on this machine is one of the best you can get. I love Iron!

Congratulations! I admire you for starting the process to get certified. I believe it is not for everyone! Good luck!

I think ZF is a German company but they have plants in over 25 countries, great choice in a tranny for a AT model. Grove builds work horses not fashion statements.

Glad you got it. Hopefully terry gave you some good info. He told me he was looking at it a while ago but couldn't get legal in nc. aT cranes are the best

Back