Grove AT635E

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He cut that notch out as he thought the bar wouldn't be long enough, but it was

Loader is a TCM 804 from 1996. Awesome loader, no electronics and durable as heck, I might be getting another one here soon if I can make a deal on it. Literally couldn't work without it anymore. That tree my 10 year old son Woody chipped all the brush with it. Maybe Im bragging but Im proud of him for pulling his weight:)

Big ass tree to be done by noon! :thumbup:

Nice looking truck. $12,346.00 seems like an oddly non-round price, what's up with that??

The staggered 4x4s, or are they 6x6s, they have passed the test of time and you use them a lot, eh?

Lotta brush for any one person to chip, much less a 10 y o!

Woody runs the loader to chip brush, still impressive though as I cannot seem to find an adult capable of doing it.

White oak 6x6s

$12346 was winning bid on eBay. Cat 3116 , Allison trans , 68k miles with 20' dump body. We need Volume.

He is a team player, tries to anticipate what needs to be done to help the job go smoothly. Our relationship has improved immensely this summer since he has been coming to work. He does bitch though about dad sitting on his ass with the AC going:lol:

He is a team player, tries to anticipate what needs to be done to help the job go smoothly. Our relationship has improved immensely this summer since he has been coming to work. He does bitch though about dad sitting on his ass with the AC going:lol:
Atta boy :p

3116 with Ally are slugs but keep on ticking year after year, fire up in the cold, I have 3 now.

Big wood goes on the K-boom, limb wood and some big goes on Burtha, chips on chip truck. I have 2 97 doge pickups with 5.9s which tow trailers if nescesary but it has to be a BIG job to need that.

I think so. Found a US made gearbox that should work . We are putting it though the ringer right now to make sure it's durable. Sucks as the current design works flawlessly but hopefully so will the next....

He cut that notch out as he thought the bar wouldn't be long enough, but it was

Loader is a TCM 804 from 1996. Awesome loader, no electronics and durable as heck, I might be getting another one here soon if I can make a deal on it. Literally couldn't work without it anymore. That tree my 10 year old son Woody chipped all the brush with it. Maybe Im bragging but Im proud of him for pulling his weight:)

very risky.....10year old on the job? I wouldn't risk losing my son. Why?

heard several stories of that scenario playing out badly.

maybe I'm to conservative ......but damn dude, why?

John, I fail to see the imminent danger of sitting on a loader on a flat paved surface feeding a chipper brush. He is at least ten feet from the chipper with a whole lot of steel between them and learning a work ethic.

I would feel more reckless taking him rock climbing :P

What specifically is your percieved threat

operating a loader on a job site? only slightly illegal at 10

taking a kids climbing aint a tree job site ......no offense

more power to you. hope he's safe.

the loss of a my son is a wisdom i hope to never know

I am getting ready to roll to another crane job this morning, wheel loader will be operating on an awkward bank on the lawn by the driveway. Woody is asleep and will not be coming. I feel like I am pretty aware of potential dangers. We read up about kids working for family run businesses and as long as they don't work in a hazardous enviourment its OK, you could argue that running a loader is hazardous but I would argue. Another thing I never mentioned is Mum comes at between 10-11 with the big truck at about 10-11 when the brush is chipped and takes him home in the chip truck, so he is only working 3-4 hours so isn't exposed to the bad heat.

I think this has been invaluable learning experience for him. Do you disagree with me letting him use the loader to push driveways in the winter too?? Just curious.

My Boy could drive a skidsteer at 3 years old, an articulated loader at 4 and 15 tonne excavator at 7.

Not entirely convinced I'd want him feeding a chipper, but I'm sure Paul is aware of the risks. Nice to see the whole family working on jobs though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oo82Q0n_MDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the other hand...kids that don't learn a love of work and pride thereof are 100% doomed to a life not worth living. (In my opinion and from what I see in society.)

Back