YouTube Vids to Clients

Yep, it's a fantastically handy record of what was discussed. Don't delete the video until the job is done and paid for (if then). Here's one I made two days ago for a timber management company. They're unlisted on YouTube, so you have to have the link to see it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8_KbkAuo1Ks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It takes me the time to shoot it (2 minutes or less) and then maybe 5 minutes to upload it to youtube once I get to somewhere that has good wifi. It's painfully easy. It's gotten me a bunch of extra jobs and 1 guy told me that we got the job specifically because we were the only ones that did that.

I like it, only critique is to slow the laser down, not as easy to follow on a video

Nice work. The green laser is very visible at that range... Very effective. How is it at 50-60'?

60 ft? No problem. 600 ft, still no problem. 1,000 ft is good if it's not too bright out. If it's not mid-day, I've been able to use it a third of a mile away (once for view pruning estimate). At night, I use it to communicate with people on Mars.

Duly noted, Willie! I'll do better next time!

My green laser pointer from Sherrill broke, so I can't attest to its worth. I have a Veridian green laser on a Glock 23 that is easily visible past 100 yards in broad daylight...though I don't 'spect customers would like to have me pointing out stuff in their yards with a pistol...:/:

Well...considering I have been shooting a slingshot a lot lately...with paintballs...it occurred to me that I could shoot the customer's offending limb with a paint ball to be sure we were all on the same page for where something needed to be removed. I'd have fun but customers might get a little squirrely...but less so than you with your Glock identifier.:D

Nick, do you include these in your consultation price or do you charge extra for videos? I think it's awesome!

I'm already charging $150 for the initial consult fee. I don't need to charge more!

Truthfully, I sorta prefer doing t this way. Clients can take up so much time when they ARE there. This way I can get in and out much faster.

love
nick

I see this is an older thread but I really really like this idea. I have been trying to talk to the boss man about this for awhile now. Seems like the 2 of us go look at jobs with nobody home way to much!!!! Then have to return another day wasting time just so they can talk. I like the customer to feel good about the company they hire but if the technology is there then use it. I think just using a video and sending directly to a cell phone could work as well if they are will to share a cell #.

Personally I'd post it to YouTube. Sending directly, the cell phones compress things A LOT. By the time the client gets it, it looks like shit.

Test it out. Try to send a 1 minute vid to me and I'll show you what it looks like!

love
nick

Seems it would just be simpler to look at the job when the customer is available if it is necessary for them to be there to talk in person.

Fid, were talking about LA bro..lol...peeps dont have time there, so cal is cray cray

Nick has a good thing going for him there, things are different in everyones service areas, if vid works run with it

Makes sense Nick, with the cell phone compressing video. So do you shoot all of your videos then with a Go-Pro?? Then upload to youtube?? Next question is then how do you get the video link via youtube to the client??? E-mail ?? Text message??? If text message wont they still view it on their phone most likely?? JUst asking to learn so I can start integrating this idea and show the Boss-man that it is a time&Money saver.. Thanks

Back