Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jobber Thread

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Meet someone to pick up a check? Why not just have them mail it?

Quote Originally Posted by NickfromWI View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. But...

1- not even 50% of people will do it.
    2- how much time is spent each year making a courtesy payment reminder or on rare occasion driving to meet a client somewhere to pickup a check? If I gave all that time back to you, could you earn more than $5,000 back for your company? I can, so I know paying a little now earns me much more later.

love
    nick
    I was thinking about all those things and I still don't see it as being that important, at this point in my business. If I go back, it's cause i's in cash, and that is what it is, shhhhh. If not, like Butch said, they put it in the mail. I don't have that many people who ask me to pay with a credit card, I've never lost a job because of it. If it was free or if the fee was charged to the client, I would be all over it, but I don't like the fact that it comes out of my pocket.

Nick, have you ever tried e-transfers? To the client it's like paying with their debit card. What happens is they e-mail you the amount from their bank account. In the e-mail, the client writes up a question that you have to answer as a security mesure. You answer the question, then fill in your bank info and voilą, in your account. Pretty cool.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Bank transfers is how people pay bills here.
    Haven't seen a check since forever.
    I doubt one can get them anymore.
    Deyr fé,
    deyja fręndr,
    deyr sjįlfr et sama;
    ek veit einn,
    at aldri deyr:
    dómr um daušan hvern.

I haven't used square in a year or 2 because I've found a local processor with better rates and service. At first I blew this new feature off but I like the idea of the late paying client having a link in the reminder email to pay online and not have to make that shameful call in to pay late... going to have to ponder this
    Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

King of Splices Sponsor NickfromWI's Avatar

Just wanted to follow up- since activating the online pay option with square/jobber a couple weeks ago, we've already had 5 people pay online. Yep- we lost a little bit of $ on the transaction fees, but the time saved is WELL worth it!
    Looking to have some custom splicing done? www.splicesbynick.com

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

And there ya geaux!

I just started the trial jobber and put the pro app on my phone.....seems cool.

We have been using Jobber to give estimates and schedule work for about a month now. We love it. Each crew has an iPad and it has their work orders on it for the day. We have noticed that the crew loves being able to go into jobber and see whats on the agenda for today and their work for the next month or so. The other added benefit is the instant communication between all of our iPads. I can send emails or texts to each iPad, we can FaceTime, and the guys can add work photos or even videos right to the Jobber app without taking up storage on the iPad. I wish we did this sooner, its so much more efficient than paper work orders and estimates.
    Nick

King of Splices Sponsor NickfromWI's Avatar

It pretty much rocks

love
    nick
    Looking to have some custom splicing done? www.splicesbynick.com

How's Jobber? I read the reviews about the upgrade seems less mobile and less helpful....

Any problems noted amongst you all before I jump back and subscribe again....?