Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jobber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post

Does that cover what you want to do?

-Landen
    Well it would be awesome if in the notes section you could pre-typed phrases that you could just assign to that quote. Let's say «Use dump site at 1234 Main St in Lalaland» or «Bring GRCS» etc.

King of Splices Sponsor NickfromWI's Avatar

We do that all the time! Make a work items called:

Dump Main
    Dump Hwy2

And the descriptions would say, "use dump on main street" and "use dump on Highway 2"

Then make the quote, then when the client books, add to the job those "work items" and you'll be quickly adding the info. We add tons of crew notes to the jobs. They find it super helpful.
    Looking to have some custom splicing done? www.splicesbynick.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post

You mean that one? We have 3 developers working on it right now. I just started messing around with it and checking it out. Its really smooth so far. It will still be an initial release but it should be a big improvement from the mobile site. Not sure if we are going to have an open beta with it yet but I will post about it if I find out.

That is a bit of a preview of the new app. That is how it will look and how you would add a note and attachment from mobile. It works pretty much the same from the mobile site. You can also use custom fields for some of the simpler and more repeated notes for a client or job.

We actually wrote a blog post about mobile notes and attachments just recently: https://blog.getjobber.com/2014/08/t...hments-mobile/

Does that cover what you want to do?

-Landen
    I don't know why but that link redirected me to the app, not the blog
    Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

Quote Originally Posted by NickfromWI View Post
    Hook it up, dude! I can't wait to try it out!
    NickfromCA....
    Willie
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

matdand if it is something about a client that you always want to attach, you can add it to the clients internal notes. Then you can have it automatically post the client notes to each job/quote that you make for that client. Nick's workflow should also work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sotc View Post
    I don't know why but that link redirected me to the app, not the blog
    Thats really weird... it shouldn't do that. Could try this link: https://blog.getjobber.com/ The post is at the bottom of the page. I wonder if its because the forum shortens the link.

I got a question- Lets say multiple people are using the same computer. I open up the lap top, start working, then later realized I'm logged in as someone else. Seems like my name should be big and visible in the upper right corner so that I know I'm the one that's logged in.

And while we're on the topic, when a co-worker sends an email through jobber, it comes from MY email address. So then I got people calling me saying, "you know what you said in your email????" But it wasn't me that said it. Can each user have their own email address assigned to them? Pretty please?
    It used to be like that but it got changed to the cog icon to save space on the top bar. Personally I prefer text over icons in most situations but the developers went with the icons.

About the email reply-to. If you have a company email setup in your company branding section of your account settings, that will become the default reply-to email. If you leave that blank, then it will default to making the reply-to the login user that sent out the email. I mentioned it to the devs and a ticket will be opened for it. We thought of a few ways we could make that easier to handle, not sure when it will be worked on though.

-Landen
    Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

Jobber | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
    http://getjobber.com/industry/landscaping

Wait- so Karinas emails CAN come from Karina now?!?!!! Sweet!

love
    nick

When I sync my calendar on my ipad I get two notifications for every job, like Willie was talking about, one brown, one pink. I always assume it's some mistake I've made but I've been so busy I haven't played with it.

You have to do each job twice. Problem. Solved.

love
    nick

Wait- so Karinas emails CAN come from Karina now?!?!!! Sweet!
    If you remove the company email in your company branding account setting. A better setup for that with an optional setting might be added in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Monkey View Post
    When I sync my calendar on my ipad I get two notifications for every job, like Willie was talking about, one brown, one pink. I always assume it's some mistake I've made but I've been so busy I haven't played with it.
    Hmm I am not sure about that. You might want to talk with a support person so they can go through it with you in case it is a bug.

-Landen
    Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

Jobber | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
    http://getjobber.com/industry/landscaping

I checked from my computer and it takes me to the right place. Thank you
    Willie