Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jobber Thread

Thanks for the breakdown. I currently use Quickbooks online, it is ok (at best) but Intuit can be difficult to deal with. I can't see paying for QBO and any other software. So I'm looking for something to sync with QB2012 which I already paid for and can account with. The banking elements with QBO are great but it is full of glitches and has NO scheduling.

That makes sense. You can still sync Jobber with QuickBooks Desktop 2012 using the Sync Manager.

QBO does still have a ways to go but we know they are putting a lot of effort into making QuickBooks Online a decent alternative to Desktop. And your are right, they don't have scheduling so that is why Intuit is working together with us and other add-on providers to help fill those gaps for features they don't have.

My guess is they would rather focus on the banking/accounting/payroll elements and have really good integrations for the other areas. But they know that to have really good integrations, Online is the way to go and easier to support.

-Landen
    Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

Jobber | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
    http://getjobber.com/industry/landscaping

King of Splices Sponsor NickfromWI's Avatar

So how about that iOS app?
    Looking to have some custom splicing done? www.splicesbynick.com

I think this has been mentioned before, maybe not. It would be cool if there was a way to have default checkboxes when doing a quote at the bottom of the page that wouldn't be visible to the client. This would be nice for when we need a special piece of equipment for that particular job, to assign a certain dump site or have some special situations highlighted before we leave for the work (ex: fence must be removed to access stump).

I agree, comments for the crew would be nice
    Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

We do comments for the crew at the bottom. There's a thing that says "internal comments" or something like that

love
    nick

In the app? I'll look for it
    Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

Quote Originally Posted by NickfromWI View Post
    So how about that iOS app?

You mean that one? We have 3 developers working on it right now. I just started messing around with it and checking it out. Its really smooth so far. It will still be an initial release but it should be a big improvement from the mobile site. Not sure if we are going to have an open beta with it yet but I will post about it if I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by matdand View Post
    I think this has been mentioned before, maybe not. It would be cool if there was a way to have default checkboxes when doing a quote at the bottom of the page that wouldn't be visible to the client. This would be nice for when we need a special piece of equipment for that particular job, to assign a certain dump site or have some special situations highlighted before we leave for the work (ex: fence must be removed to access stump).

That is a bit of a preview of the new app. That is how it will look and how you would add a note and attachment from mobile. It works pretty much the same from the mobile site. You can also use custom fields for some of the simpler and more repeated notes for a client or job.

We actually wrote a blog post about mobile notes and attachments just recently: https://blog.getjobber.com/2014/08/t...hments-mobile/

Does that cover what you want to do?

-Landen
    Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

Jobber | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
    http://getjobber.com/industry/landscaping

Hook it up, dude! I can't wait to try it out!

I got a question- Lets say multiple people are using the same computer. I open up the lap top, start working, then later realized I'm logged in as someone else. Seems like my name should be big and visible in the upper right corner so that I know I'm the one that's logged in.

And while we're on the topic, when a co-worker sends an email through jobber, it comes from MY email address. So then I got people calling me saying, "you know what you said in your email????" But it wasn't me that said it. Can each user have their own email address assigned to them? Pretty please?