Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jobber Thread

King of Splices Sponsor NickfromWI's Avatar

Default Official Jobber Thread

Landen I got a jobber question for you!

Let's say I make a job. It's got....20 items in it. Client calls us up and says "hey let's book! But take off those last 2 items."

No biggy. I convert quote to job, then delete the 4 items.

But what if they ONLY wanna do the last two items?

I think you should have a button that brings up little check boxes and you can check the items you want then click "create job with selected items"

What do you think!!

love
    nick
    Looking to have some custom splicing done? www.splicesbynick.com

Good idea Nick for the separate thread!

About your idea, personally I love it. I am a big fan of design like that and would like to see more bulk type options in other areas of the app. Such as the listing pages for jobs, quotes and invoices. There could be more that you could do from those pages without having to click into the individual pages.

I will toss the idea around with others and see what they think.

-Landen
    Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

Jobber | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
    http://getjobber.com/industry/landscaping

1. How much is Jobber monthly?
    2. Does it sync with Quickbooks 2012 desktop for quarterly accounting?
    3. Does it sync with online banking?
    4. How does the calendar work?

Very interested, looking for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGTWIG View Post
    1. How much is Jobber monthly?
    2. Does it sync with Quickbooks 2012 desktop for quarterly accounting?
    3. Does it sync with online banking?
    4. How does the calendar work?
    1. Jobber has one base plan that is 39$ a month. That includes 2 login users, one for yourself and one for another worker or office staff. You can have unlimited team members for scheduling and creating day sheets. If you want them to be able to login and see their schedule and view or edit within Jobber, they have to be a login user. Additional login users (after the first 2) are 9$ a month each. There are add-ons that can range from 5-9$ extra each month. QuickBooks sync add-on is an additional 9$ a month.

2. Jobber can sync with US versions of QuickBooks Desktop 2012 using the Intuit sync manager. Intuit has not created a sync manager for non-US versions QuickBooks Desktop (Windows). They also don't have an integration for any Mac versions of Quickbooks.

Some FAQ on the sync manager: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/INF12748
    Our guide for the integration: https://learn.getjobber.com/hc/en-us/articles/200648675

I should add that Intuit is making a big push to get people onto QuickBooks Online. The integration works much smoother with Online and they are going to be dropping support for desktop API's sometime in the future.

3. Not sure what you mean by online banking. We do have integrations for e-payments with Stripe and Paypal being the most popular. But we do not sync with your online banking.

4. Calendar is all done within Jobber with a drag and drop calendar. It has a one way sync with multiple calendar formats, the easiest being with Google Calendar. It has a bunch of views like month, week and also a grid view for the day and a map view for planning out daily schedules. You can do a bunch of filtering and also assign team members to jobs from the calendar.

Hope that helps and gives a good overview. Happy to answer any questions

-Landen

We decided not to use the jobber to Google calendar sync as it seemed to really clutter up our calendar and added a redundant item on the calendar.
    Still hoping for monthly/quarterly/ yearly reports and A.R. totals for the mobile device.
    Willie
    Southern Oregon Tree Care,LLC
    “Pruning is one of the best things an arborist can do for a tree but one of the worst things we can do to a tree.” Shigo

Agreed Willie. Also, If you aren't Mac based, then I am not on board.
    "I'm mediocre at everything. And I struggle to give a shit most of the time."

I'm super mac based and we LOVE jobber. We have 1 iMac, 1 macbook pro, 3 iPhones and an iPad. They all run smoothly. I have the calendar synced to iCloud and it works just fine. I can open a calendar event on the native iPhone calendar app and it auto populates the address and meeting notes for me. My normal routine through the day is after I write the quote for this visit, I open the calendar app, click the next appt, click the address which opens up in the Maps app immediately, I navigate to the location, then go back to calendar to read the notes for the appt I'm about to have. It's really smooth.

Landen- why can't we reorder line items on a quote when operating from the iPhone or iPad? It seems silly to me. We don't need the click and drag functionality, just an up/down arrow next to each item where we can press to move it up or down.

I guess I misunderstood with the Mac/Quickbooks comment.
    "I'm mediocre at everything. And I struggle to give a shit most of the time."

Yeah its just QuickBooks Mac Desktop that does not have a sync manager so we cannot integrate with it. QuickBooks Online with a Mac works just fine.

The the Jobber program itself is all in the cloud, so it will run on any modern phone and in any modern browser.

Nick I will check into that. We just got a new in house update to the iPhone app yesterday that we are testing.

-Landen