Official Jobber Thread

When I sync my calendar on my ipad I get two notifications for every job, like Willie was talking about, one brown, one pink. I always assume it's some mistake I've made but I've been so busy I haven't played with it.

Wait- so Karinas emails CAN come from Karina now?!?!!! Sweet!

If you remove the company email in your company branding account setting. A better setup for that with an optional setting might be added in the future.

When I sync my calendar on my ipad I get two notifications for every job, like Willie was talking about, one brown, one pink. I always assume it's some mistake I've made but I've been so busy I haven't played with it.

Hmm I am not sure about that. You might want to talk with a support person so they can go through it with you in case it is a bug.

-Landen

Hey guys, wanted to let you guys know about our Square integration that just got released today!

JBBR-FeaturedImage-IntroToSquare-1024x531.jpg

Some things to know about using the Square Reader:
  • Only for compatible iOS devices with Square Register
  • Only for the United States
We are hoping to be able to expand that in the future but right now the Square API is very limited so there is nothing we can do. If you are not needing to take payments in the field then Stripe is another good option that we support.

Our announcement blog post: https://blog.getjobber.com/2015/03/accept-payments-in-the-field-with-square/
How to setup blog post: https://blog.getjobber.com/2015/03/tips-and-tricks-start-collecting-payments-with-square/
Help center section with FAQ and setup: https://learn.getjobber.com/hc/en-us/sections/200790100-Square

And our landing page with buttons at the bottom that make the setup easy. If you already use Jobber it will turn the add-on on for you and guide you through the Square integration setup.

https://getjobber.com/square/

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

-Landen

Thanks Landen. I tried to get started with Jobber last yr, but really never had the time. My free trial ended and that was that. I'd like to give it another shot as Invoice2go has really turned me off in the last week. Do you have an option to pull numerous emails from your software? A simple one? I've got some time to get rolling with this now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hooked up my Square/jobber relationship. It is so smooth- shows the client their invoice with a button to click to pay. It's super smooth!

Thanks Jobber!

love
nick

No way. They've never taken that much.

It's 2.75 if you swipe the card. 2.9 if they pay online. 3.25 if they call it in.

love
nick

Well, not as high as I recalled, but still if all of my clients would pay with square, it would cost me 4-5k a year!!! That seems like a nice little favor I'm offering them.

That's one way of looking at it. But...

1- not even 50% of people will do it.
2- how much time is spent each year making a courtesy payment reminder or on rare occasion driving to meet a client somewhere to pickup a check? If I gave all that time back to you, could you earn more than $5,000 back for your company? I can, so I know paying a little now earns me much more later.

love
nick

That's one way of looking at it. But...

1- not even 50% of people will do it.
2- how much time is spent each year making a courtesy payment reminder or on rare occasion driving to meet a client somewhere to pickup a check? If I gave all that time back to you, could you earn more than $5,000 back for your company? I can, so I know paying a little now earns me much more later.

love
nick

I was thinking about all those things and I still don't see it as being that important, at this point in my business. If I go back, it's cause i's in cash, and that is what it is, shhhhh. If not, like Butch said, they put it in the mail. I don't have that many people who ask me to pay with a credit card, I've never lost a job because of it. If it was free or if the fee was charged to the client, I would be all over it, but I don't like the fact that it comes out of my pocket.

Nick, have you ever tried e-transfers? To the client it's like paying with their debit card. What happens is they e-mail you the amount from their bank account. In the e-mail, the client writes up a question that you have to answer as a security mesure. You answer the question, then fill in your bank info and voilà, in your account. Pretty cool.

Bank transfers is how people pay bills here.
Haven't seen a check since forever.
I doubt one can get them anymore.

I haven't used square in a year or 2 because I've found a local processor with better rates and service. At first I blew this new feature off but I like the idea of the late paying client having a link in the reminder email to pay online and not have to make that shameful call in to pay late... going to have to ponder this

Just wanted to follow up- since activating the online pay option with square/jobber a couple weeks ago, we've already had 5 people pay online. Yep- we lost a little bit of $ on the transaction fees, but the time saved is WELL worth it!

We have been using Jobber to give estimates and schedule work for about a month now. We love it. Each crew has an iPad and it has their work orders on it for the day. We have noticed that the crew loves being able to go into jobber and see whats on the agenda for today and their work for the next month or so. The other added benefit is the instant communication between all of our iPads. I can send emails or texts to each iPad, we can FaceTime, and the guys can add work photos or even videos right to the Jobber app without taking up storage on the iPad. I wish we did this sooner, its so much more efficient than paper work orders and estimates.

How's Jobber? I read the reviews about the upgrade seems less mobile and less helpful....

Any problems noted amongst you all before I jump back and subscribe again....?

Back