Bulldog Bone

I don't Surveyor, i sent 2 emails 1 from gmail & 1 from yahoo and I got the same " cannot deliver " message. That's a big fat? Mark. I was trying to email you because the Treehouse forum wouldn't accept my username or password, so it finally reset itself about 30 minutes ago, i have no clue what happened. I was trying to ask if a new Spine or backplate could be purchased or if they were a controlled item and not available to receive just the single piece. I didn't receive any literature on the BDB when i bought it. Thanks Gordon, i apologize for any inconvenience, but I'm really chomping at the bit to get a safe climb to the top of the maple tree in my backyard without the fear of plummeting 80+ feet, that might hurt for a few days! I thought about flipping the piece 180*s but I didn't want to do something without the proper advice from you. Thanks, again!

Dave6390 in WI

HTP static line? :?

I can't use it for descending out of the tree.
"Easing" myself down works OK, but if I pick up any speed at all on either the Bulldog Bone
or the Rope Runner there is nothing I can do with either device to get them to stop. I have to
use my "free" hand to belay myself. When I first descended on my Escalator rope I had a few
moments of "excitement" while descending before I realized I had use my free hand as a brake. :O ;)
I have the HTP and Escalator static line. Awesome for tree access! :thumbup::D

Ha, like your sig, cuz trees definetly are the answer.

. I have found on taller trees useing a static base anchor leg of line attaching it to a more responsive line that runs bette r in the bone for working end such as tachyon works really well for eliminating the excessive bounce
:D

I've done that also, it works great. :thumbup::D
I have also set my static line (base/canopy anchor) as an access line
and tied an Alpine Butterfly and attached my work line and switched over
when I reach my TIP. Zero bounce tree access and a work position line ready
and waiting when I get up in the canopy. :thumbup:;)

9 mm htp slipped a bit in Jaime's Hybrid OAR, too. My rope is new, small, and slick. Just get your rope pitchy. Not really.

A static rope is useful if you have to tie two ropes for a long basal anchor and lowering line. When I have open crotches, I just position my knot at the top of my expected work area, working off a thicker climbing line.

I've done that also, it works great. :thumbup::D
I have also set my static line (base/canopy anchor) as an access line
and tied an Alpine Butterfly and attached my work line and switched over
when I reach my TIP. Zero bounce tree access and a work position line ready
and waiting when I get up in the canopy. :thumbup:;)

Ohh yeah Randy! Now you just need another bulldogbone if you dont have two haha and you could string a web up there with them lines ; ) . I have two bulldogs and when employing both at a time with similar setup to what your descriptions you certainly can build lots of super safe angles for feeling safe as all get out. I like the thought of having an access line staying in place that's lowerableble and climbable if another climber should need to come up.
@ Cory thanks man. Everyone around here already knows trees are the answer , but doesn't hurt to reiterate! : ' )

Okay Guys, I put the large bollard on the Bone and gave it a final run up the backyard Maple, and with great surprise and success, there was a little more friction on the ascent, but ( Low and Slow), for the first three tries, then I said," No Guts, No Glory " the HTP worked Great! I even tried a deadmans fall for 15-20 feet, other than a mild case of whiplash, the Bone stopped me in my tracks, not even the slightest slip when I activated the upper arm. No slippage at all, and no sign of heating up. I'm really caught in a tough spot now, since I ordered 300 ft of 11 mm Kernmaster, I'm going to have to get my money out of the new rope. It will be here on Friday. I'm debating not even unpacking it, just ask for what I paid for it! + shipping to a fellow TreeHouser. A man's got to do, what a man's got to do! 🙏🏼

Dave6390 in WI

First climb on the bone today it is like I expected. Im climbing on 11.5mm platinum and with about 3m of rope weigt it is selftending the slag. Awesome.

Gordon, I'm new to the forum and interested in buying the bulldog bone . I'm not sure how to use the forum to contact you directly.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, brother! What is your first name? Mine is Butch...

Make yourself at home and don't be shy about filling out your profile!

*edit... I see you have! Sweet!

I have been following the Bulldog thread and it really is peaking my interest, i climb DRT, but really want to get into SRT, and the seems like the BDB fits right into my plan... So i guess this is directed to Gordon as to where and how i can aquire a BDB.
Any response will be muchly appreciated and thanks all in advance.. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do try to check in here each day. Send a private message. The Bone does work on many ropes, but not all by any means. I would suggest, from my own experience, Cougar, Tachyon, KM III, Rocket line, Vortex, perhaps in that order. Your experience may vary depending on climbing weight and climbing line.

Back