Bulldog Bone

surveyor

TreeHouser
Thought I would start a new thread about the Bulldog Bone that I have made that works very well SRT and can be used also DdRT, by posting a few videos of it.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DfZSclf_GSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n8xVmpZuDSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bone can be used DdRT by clipping the standing line back into the bridge, but then you have to manually take up slack as you pull the working line down, so this video demonstrates how to make the Bone self tending on a doubled line.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BGECpfa82c0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The spring clips hold tenaciously and are hard to get off even with pliers, however the chain links used can be had with cotter pins , or could be riveted also. The uni had two size smaller ANSI links in the spine with spring clips and I have never heard of one failing.

This looks very promising, when are you going to be sending out some demo units or making them available for sale??

Thanks.

Paul one is being tested now by an arborist, and he loves it. I will make you one also , as soon as I receive a cottered master link order I have pending since a few days ago (should arrive today).

I will sell them also with a signed disclaimer. I plan to use a cottered link on the upper arm swivel link.

Another gadget. There's no end! So many different kinds to chose from, which all basically do the very same thing. Yet each is specialized in its own unique way, and can serve some peoples purpose much better than others.

I love gadgets.

Jamie, please do me a favor and put a dab of epoxy on that C clip. If a rope runs across that it could easily dislodge it. I had a 37' fall due to one of those suckers coming off. Hurt like hell.

Otherwise looks great!

Jamie, please do me a favor and put a dab of epoxy on that C clip. If a rope runs across that it could easily dislodge it. I had a 37' fall due to one of those suckers coming off. Hurt like hell.

Otherwise looks great!

I wanna hear that story!

I have been unsatisfied with the c-clips and have tried the snap ring instead, which seem more secure. The mil. spec external snap ring looks good at the mcmaster site and they are also just the right heavy duty thickness for the slot in the master link, (0.027 according to my inside mic) you need a special tool to get them on and off, I have the tool thanks to my late father, as he was an aircraft mechanic. Think I will try them out, Thanks for the link!

I remember the clips in the original uni by Morgan Thompson was epoxied. It would chip off but did seem like a good idea unless your fiddling around changing stuff up which I imagine you are

Back