HEY ALL YOU NEW MEMBERS...A QUESTION.

I don't climb, trim, cut, or log for a living. I am pretty green, as that my wood cutting is only for yearly firewood (3-4 cord at most normally). I mainly will watch my acreage and only take dead trees if possible (other than seasonal trimming and some clearing). Occasionally a storm will blow through and I will have to clear the road. I really have nothing to contribute, therefore I don't post. I am here to learn on what can be done safely, but mostly what not to do. The land is very treacherous, and two of my roads are so steep; that if it's even wet, I won't take the tractor down it. So normally retrieving the logs is more of a challenge than felling.

So that's why...
Kenny

If someone has made it to my place and I don't know them, they are lost. I always get, "the GPS says this road goes through..." It's funny to watch 'em reverse out for 1/4 mile.

I am working on that post count..

Welcome Kenny! Just talking like you are IS contributing! I'd love to live in a remote area but right now I'm pretty close. I have one neighbor on one side and 250 acres of woods on the other. So I planted trees between us and when I go outside I go the other way!

When I did post I got some bull poo about my IP address being in California. And some other crap when trying to find out about a saw. So no more posting for me, I may return to read but that will be all.:P

Hello to all. I'm new on here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ian from the UK and I'm a climber of 7 years Got to this game fairly late as I only started after I finished in the British Army for 16 years. Hopefully will be active and speak to you all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ian! Welcome to the TreeHouse and thanks for not being a 0 poster! My name is Butch... make yourself at home! :beer:

Hello there butch and thanks. Sorry that is not my style to be a 0. But seriously it looks like a good forum and I look forward to being here.

Welcome, Ian!

It looks like we have a new heavy hitter in the house! I look forward to reading all of your posts.

I've read some of your first posts, here and elsewhere, and I want to officially wish you luck with your dream. I believe that it is bound to happen. Best of luck!

Tim

Thank you Tim. I have been made to feel very welcome and to be honest can not see why people would not want to get involved here. As for my dream I have the attitude that it will happen and it will work out. (I hope)

I love the avatar photo, by the way. It's a really great self-portrait, in a really impressive tree. Is that an oak, if you recall?

Tim

Last edited:
Back