Your dream shop?

I'd almost live in an old single wide for a shop like that! I'd live a place backed up to blm or forest service but I'm greedy like that

Nicely adorned, but that house does have some kind of pre-fab feel about it. Kind of makes for a little uncomfortable, imo.

I'd kill for a shop with inside truck storage.

Willie, that's a nice looking house, good luck with your search if that place isn't "the one"

Willard, your shop rocks, but it's kinda sloppy, I think I saw some dust in the corner of the work bench hahahaa.

But no, I gotta say I love Willard's shop, its ultra small and organized like mine. I really like the bins for bolts etc, wish I had that arrangement.

Nice thread, Rajan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Trying to talk the wife into this but the house isn't stick built so she won't budge!
http://medford.craigslist.org/reb/4614682548.html
That's a nice pad!
I'd kill for a shop with inside truck storage.

Willie, that's a nice looking house, good luck with your search if that place isn't "the one"

Willard, your shop rocks, but it's kinda sloppy, I think I saw some dust in the corner of the work bench hahahaa.

But no, I gotta say I love Willard's shop, its ultra small and organized like mine. I really like the bins for bolts etc, wish I had that arrangement.

Nice thread, Rajan.

Thanks post away!

I like a log in the shop for filing.
Rolls easily I prefer to be outside as much as possible

Attachments

• IMG_20140817_202207.jpg
    IMG_20140817_202207.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20140817_202217.jpg
    IMG_20140817_202217.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 62
:thumbup: I have a little broom to sweep the filings off my chain too, rather then blow it all over the place with compressed air. I sweep it over a garbage can though.

Nice thread, Rajan.
Thanks Corey, even though I made it portable to move and just finished building it this summer, now with the unexpected move to a new town I have to get it loaded up on a trailer and move it 240 miles.
PIA to dig up the 100 ft 100 amp cable I just buried, luckily on 20 ft is buried.

So it looks like my house sold, gotta be out end of the month. Time to get real about the new house search! Been looking a bit and am considering finding the right house and just building a shop if it doesn't have the right scenario. Been researching jib cranes and generally day dreaming about the future lately

Man, I haven't packed anything yet, there's no doubt it's going to suck! I've been here 12.5 years!

It might not be the most convenient, but it seems like leasing a place until you find what is right for you, could take some of the pressure off.

Yep, we're renting the upstairs at my father in law's for now and moving most of our stuff into storage while we wait for the right place (that is in my budget) to come on the market

That sounds like a perfect plan...not having to make a rushed decision is good...and having time to keep dreaming is good, too.:)

One, my MIL passed 3 years back but the old man loves to babysit even if he's in the field 90% of the time he's home!

Moving is stressful as I did last summer to a new town 240 miles away, and no inlaws or family to help either as their 400 miles away.
But we did have the luxury of hiring professional movers as my wifes new job paid for it.

I was very impressed by the movers, in my opinion they're in the same league as tree workers. They packed, hauled and unloaded 10 tons of our stuff without a scratch on anything. Amazing the clockwork how those guys work.
But the job moving my workshop by myself was a real task, lucky thing I was able to borrow my new neighbors dump trailer. And he had 2 Bobcat skid steers with forks to unload it.
Big load for the old Dodge Ram pulling that 240 miles.

20140909_085351.jpg

It may have looked higher than it actually was Willard, but I'm thinking you'd be trailing miles of cable tv drops if you pulled that rig around here

Back