DK Slider

Im guessing it is a Teflon impregnated plastic. $28 to not frig your back up. Good simple idea, I will be getting one.

Is it just me or does Dave seem to be getting a little portly??:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$28 to make each one come off faster without fighting your saw out of the bind. Sounds alright. I've fought many rounds off. Maybe a tool to make it easier would be worthwhile. $28 for a 1/4" stainless steel slider. Pound for pound more for the money as a material, but not as a tool.

It looks like it could use a clip-in point. I didn't see one.

Myself being an inherently lazy person Im all for ANYTHING that makes my job easier so I can go home sooner and drink beer;)

It's merely a glorified wedge. I don't recommend anyone buying any stock shares in it.

Attachments

• climbing wedge.JPG
    climbing wedge.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 33
A wedge and a little felling lever is what I use, mind I'm not ringing down stuff like that a lot, mostly hardwood.
28 bucks isn't a lot really, ones back is vulnerable in that above head pushing situation.
It would have been a godsend on this oak a few years back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 35
How is it any better than a regular 'ole wedge?

The title of this thread makes me hungry... I keep thinking "BK Sliders."

It looks like in that vid that those rounds slide off a lot easier than they would with just a wedge. With a wedge when you push the round it slides off the wedge and then you're back to wood on wood friction, that device looks like you push on it and the bottom of it slides the round along/off the spar with presumably much less friction?

It looks like in that vid that those rounds slide off a lot easier than they would with just a wedge. With a wedge when you push the round it slides off the wedge and then you're back to wood on wood friction, that device looks like you push on it and the bottom of it slides the round along/off the spar with presumably much less friction?

Yes, quite.

Just watched the video. Here we use a tip line and take bigger chunks some times with a VSL for landing control.

Well thank you! I've heard of them, I'll google them and have a look, I used to use a bar spanner on a shoe lace for just that purpose.

Back