Extras with TreeStuff order

Robert P

TreeHouser
My order from Treestuff showed up today - basically everything to get set up with a hitchclimber DRT. In addition to the items I ordered there were some extra items included - they sent me 3 throw weights instead of the 2 I ordered, also included is 30 feet of Samson bail out line that I didn't order. Apparently it's another type of prusik. From what I see online it's intended for use with 7/16 rope, I have 1/2".

Wondering if it was a goof or is throwing in extras something they do?

They send extras like champs. It's an odd business model, I hope it's sustainable!

I ordered a spool of 12 strand rope, ~$370. They called and said it wasn't in stock and asked if I wanted to upgrade; she suggested Gold Streak (16 strand, $500). I asked what the cost of the upgrade would be, she said it wouldn't cost me anything.

I hope it's a sustainable business model as they are my shop now and don't want that to change!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They send extras like champs. It's an odd business model, I hope it's sustainable!

Plus they're a little less on many items in the first place and give a 5% discount with the "arborist" code. They say free shipping on most orders over $100 (excluding certain heavy and oversized items) but apparently will ship most items ordered online for free with the "FREESHIP" code.

7% discount for members of this forum, use code "thehouse"

Sounds like u got a jackpot. Freebies always, sometimes more and sometimes less but it's always something!

Does any one in Ontario have any experiences with ordering from TreeStuff, I need some 1/2 or 5/8 tenex, no one seems to have access to it up here! There is a place out in Alberta that supposedly handles shipments to Canada from TreeStuff, anyone have any dealings with them?

Thanks, Peter

Treestuff is the only arborist supply I will do business with!
Luke (owner) never ceases to amaze me. His customer service far exceeds not only every other tree business, but any online company I have ever dealt with. I have two hard to find orders right now he is hooking me up on. I would pay more just to do business with him but I don't have to because his prices are awesome. This is the type of business we arborists need to support.

I tried the code last week when I order from the uk. They had to do the arborist code and 5%. I figured it would be easier to call them as I am shipping to an address in California and a mates mother is bringing it over. Buying online and paying for shipping would have killed the order.

I wonder if any goodies will be in there?

Must admit though it was excellent service.

Another five stars for tree stuff from me. Between nick and Luke being on the spot fast on getting back to me and answering any questions quickly and accurately or fixing anything THAT day or by 6 o clock the next morning, I can't say enough good things. Even the people they align themselves with are quick!

Peter - I deal directly with TreeStuff.
The shipping charges are reasonable. Delivery by USPS takes a little longer (sometimes two weeks), but rarely pay any duty.
The tree whisperer deal sounds like adding another middleman to the transaction (like Vermeer handling Sherrill stuff) and it will be a cold day in a very hot place before I ever spend another nickel at Vermeer on arborist supplies. Ripoff.
TreeStuff in Indianapolis will ship me a climbing line for a similar (or lower) price than Vermeer in Brampton.

Well I guess I'm going to place a small order direct with TreeStuff, on their website they advertise that Universal Field distributes for TreeStuff, but when I called Universal they had no idea about it, they say they would order some things but wouldn't make any special order. Strange.....

With Indiana sales tax, I need the discount just to stay even. The upside is that my orders arrive the next day.

Back