Over the water, on the water and under the water

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My video cameras up to this point have been GoPro knockoffs...wannabe GoPros...all under $100. I have gotten some good video service from them over the past several years. But my latest two are having miseries...data port nonsense, one won't charge...have to take the battery out to charge, etc.

I finally bit the bullet and got a GoPro Hero 7 black...the full deal, waterproof, fancy camera. My wannabe's have to be put in a special case to be waterproof. The Hero 7 says waterproof to 33 feet without a special case. So I gave it a try yesterday. I got some footage at my son's pool...got some folks springboard diving (including me) and some underwater footage, too. The water is still turbid...Alex just opened the pool and is working on getting the clarity right.

It'll be too long for some folks to watch but there are a few interesting spots. The Monkey Slide is there...not being used in this video. That's my brother, Todd, doing the first dive and my grandson, Hayden, after him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y0LT78AtIsg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're right, V. The pool was a non-factor when Alex got the house...figured it would be a big hassle. He put in a salt system (much less maintenance than typical chlorine setups) and that retractable cover and it's been a big deal ever since.

The water slide is insane!
I think the city would skip the fines and just lock my ass up if I built one!
Did you cut the tower materials? So damn cool!

I think everyone's pools here are still around 55° GF's condo has a heated pool. It's nice, but the community ain't too big on " fun". Little do they know I'm bringing my 4 year old nephew next week... he'll find a way to raise hell and make noise.

Slackline looks like good fun too!

Noise is good...goes well with chaos and havoc!!

Our pool is up to 78 already..wonderful temp. There's more on that slide here....

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/s...building-a-water-slide&highlight=monkey+slide

I think we finally have the insanely terrifying taken out of it and are hopefully at the just plain fun stage. We had it too steep at first and it would vortex monkey flip you at the exit...now we just have to lock things into place and build the tower climb up to the entrance...the ladder is gonna go away.

On the tower pieces....Alex made those from 16 or 20 foot pieces...there is a joint in those posts but they have been very stable.

Well they knew the rules.

If the give way vessel does not appear to be giving way, the stand on vessel must take evasive action and should turn to starboard (right). Do not alter course to port, it could place you into the path of the give way vessel.

Rule 9 (Narrow channels)

(a) A vessel proceeding along the course of a narrow channel or fairway shall keep as near to the outer limit or the channel or fairway which lies on her starboard side as is safe and practicable.

(b) A vessel of less than 20 m in length or a sailing vessel shall not impede the passage of a vessel which can safely navigate only within a narrow channel or fairway.

In other words, if you’re riding a bike stay in the bike lane.

Looks like a helluva current, the sailboat was not making any headway, and Bob's correct narrow channel rules, stay out of the way of the big boats, sail or no sail. They eventually did the right thing, pass port to port.

Back