new style golf ball throw weights

I had a High Ball for a while..It seemed OK... till it broke.... i think Sherrill beefed them up...

Stick with them, they work fine... I just got a Petzl, for a few $ extra.. looks a nice shape....haven't tried it yet.

I rarely use my 10, as most of our trees are rough bark, so I prefer 12 and 14 oz...with a 16 as last resort..and for redirecting, or use as second re di weight....

I've had an "indestructible" one from Wesspur for a long time, shape not the best, but though tattered on the outside, it still is intact.....

I've got a HighBall. I don't like it. It seems to have more bounce off of limbs and worst of all, due to it's larger diameter and "give" I've had it wedge in very small forks and not pull through or come down in a way that has not been a problem with bags. I've gone back to the soft bags and don't use the HighBall now.

In my experience, the Sherill golf ball weights bounce harder and get stuck better than throw bags. Very difficult pulling them through tight crotches or even over branches at times, I prefer the bullet bags 16oz.

It took our apprentice exactly one shot to get it stuck and when he tried to free it ( using brute force, of course) the string attachment loop pulled out.
No more of those for us.

I have one. It flies straight and true. It's easy to see. It bounces like a tennis ball if it even skims a leaf on the way through!
My advice: Spend your money wisely on a Rope Knight. Does the job more efficiently than any other.

No likey the golf ball, weight. Adam P sent me one to try, which I will send to you to try if you want. I wouldn't bother tho. Mostly it sits on the bottom end of my line. I used it yesterday because of an irretrievable throw pouch in a decrepit walnut ate the line on the other end, and I ended up cutting it.

Yea, I wasn't a fan either. The nylon strap on the originals broke too. Gimmicky shot at replacing a regular bag.

I got several, original and improved. Very accurate with the bigshot better then he bag style but jam in crotches very easily.

Best just to let the ball drop to the ground , untie line and pull line out. Yeah they bounce lots too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
....isolating tie in I pull back over and through limbs....the penalty climb every so often for a stuck bag is mentally frustrating ...

Haha 'penalty climb' :lol:

The back of my truck and first gear gets my stuck bag out...otherwise out comes the second throwline, don't think I've ever needed the third...spares are essential.

I succumbed to the hype and got one when they first came out.
It sits (in pristine condition) in the bottom of one of the multiple boxes containing other "my life will be easier / more complete if I buy this thing" stuff in the basement.

Back