Big shout out to Gary/Pantheraba!

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Another Treehouse helping hand success story!

THANK YOU Gary :)

I needed a 150t sent to Bermuda for my cliff clearing job, Gary offered to help. Well the saw arrived on Friday, got put to work on Saturday and the big job starts Monday.

Gary got hold of a dealer, got the saw sent to him, aired it out after its test run, wrapped it all up then UPS'd it to my forwarder the day after July 4th, he also made sure I got spares and repackaged everything beautifully.

The dealer here doesn't stock them and is unlikely to so I was up against it to get one, then TADA, the Treehouse network kicked in...love it 8)

Did I mention I like this place:)

Hey, Bermy...enjoyed working with you to get the saw to you. I am looking forward to your cliff clearing pictures. Sounds like you already have made sure it works well...time for you to kick ass and take names!!

First cabin work, Gary. IMO Fi most certainly deserves our support, and you came through in spades, my friend. Kudos.

Hahaha...I think this Skippy just got rewarded with that cross-post, MB.

Fiona has been a steady, level headed and top notch contributor here...she does exceptional work and "knows her stuff". It's interesting how we can get to be friendly and trusting here at the House as we go about the business of sharing insights, experiences and trials related to these things called trees.

I have seen other folks here at the House help each other out like this so I have had some good examples to follow.

MB....you're kilin' me!!!

Job well done Gary! I remember all hurdles to get a saw sent out to a distant land.

Now I'm tempted to go down to my local Stihl dealer and pickup a 150 for myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really like this place, simply some very good decent people here!

Little saw has had two good hard days...seems like it's coming into its own now, spark arrestor is out, need to open up the exhaust a bit more, but its definitely handling everything. It's cutting up to 6-7" casuarina, and that wood is very dense. It's struggling a wee bit at that diameter and density, but only to be expected, I wouldn't want to do more than the three cuts necessary to tip over the tree...and the majority of the material is a lot smaller, from less than 1" to 2-4".

The tiny 1/4" picco chain calls for .45mm depth gauge clearance, I only have a .65 but it seems to like it.
It doesn't like the chain too tight, I've actually got it quite a bit looser than what I would have the 200, but any tighter and the bar tip starts to burr, and the pickup is sluggish...so chain is only just touching the underneath of the bar for tension.

Had to break out the handsaw so as not to disturb a longtail sitting on its nest...and when we arrived on Tuesday morning, I was standing on top of the rampart and a longtail came and hovered literally a foot in front of my face, looking at me...simply marvelous!

By the afternoon of the first day, where I had cleared the trees, the longtails were already flying in and out prospecting new holes they could now see in the cliffs, talk about job satisfaction!

I do have some pictures but the file size is too large, have to reduce them and I'm on a borrowed computer...soon come.

Tree House ROCKS!

Back